Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top 20 2009 NOTDs

Well, what a year as they say. Almost the entirety of it spent blogging =) So I thought I'd browse back & pick some favorites to show you guys, to start off 2010 on a good foot, with A LOT of content =)

My super-duperest top favorites are at the beginning of this list, but I could not actually rank these, it was too hard.  In fact, this started out only going to be a top 10, but I started finding so many that I loved, I decided to do 10 favorite overall manis, and then an additional top 10 favorite colors =)

I think this still holds the place as the favorite Konad I've ever done, although a few others have come close.  This swirly goodness from back in August used Claire's Magic as the base color (original post HERE):



The hands-down BEST glitter that I own, China Glaze Atlantis (original post HERE):



Pretty recent, and not anywhere near the top of my list when I initially finished it, my Holly Leaves & Berries Christmas mani really grew on me as I wore it (original post HERE):



I have had such a fun year learning how to water marble. I think my favorite - at this particular moment of posting LOL - was the one I did with several colors from the China Glaze OMG Collection (original posts HERE & HERE):

My Halloween Spiderweb mani (original post HERE):



The mani that change my mind about liking matte polish, OPI DS Extravagance matte-ified (original post HERE & without matte topcoat HERE):



A polish that I will admit was worth the dent in my wallet, Rescue Beauty Lounge Orbis Non Sufficit from the Blogger Collection (original post HERE):



I love funky frenches, and this is one that I often think of doing again, either the same or maybe with a different color scheme (original post HERE):



Black fishnets - a Konad classic =) - over Barielle Get Mauve-ing (original post HERE):



The 4th of July mani that was inspired by fireworks (original post HERE):



OK, now on to the best colors of the year ...

Best red - I chose Zoya Isla (original post HERE):



Best orange - this isn't only orange I guess, but I didn't have that many to choose from & this one did deserve to be included in the top 20 somehow =)  China Glaze Fortune Teller (original post HERE):



Best green - how could I choose anything but China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (original posts HERE & HERE):



Best blue - I really love my blues.  This one I was really close, I almost went with China Glaze Frostbite (original post HERE), but in the end I went with OPI DS Fantasy (original post HERE):



Best purple - and probably best holo if I'd included that category - Color Club Wild at Heart (original post HERE):



Best black - Icing Blackout (original post HERE):



Best silver - China Glaze Millennium (original post HERE):



Best grey - I know everyone always calls Color Club Revvvolution a black holo, but really it's dark grey (orignal post HERE):



Best brown - Misa Earthward (original post HERE):



Best duo-chrome - OK, so duo-chrome isn't a color on it's own.  Do I look like I care? =) I had to find some way to get Indigo Illusion included (original post HERE):



So, those are my favorite from 2009.  I can't wait to see what I come up with this year =)  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those pics are great ! I never seen them as I follow you since some weeks only :)
    My fave is the first one, the colors you chose for that Konad are great !
    Best wishes for 2010 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I can't pick my favorite, but some of those polishes are definitely going on my wishlist! =) Hope to see more manicures this year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I;m going to go order some Color Club holos tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and recap of 2009 :D You are really talented :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, lady!! #1 is insaaaaane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why these are your favorite...every mani is just as awesome as the others...big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every manicure is beautiful. The marbling is lovely. I really loved your Christmas manicure. It was a simple design but lovely. Your matte manicure is also one of my favorites that I've seen. Can't wait to see more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AYUU - Thank you =)

    NIHRIDA - Thanks! I haven't had a mani this year that's really blown me away yet, but I think that may just be because I've been in a bit of a funk.

    DANICA - Thank you =)

    BROOKE - Color Club does great holos, hope you picked up Wild at Heart & Revvvolution =)

    RIJAH - Thanks!

    B - Thank you!

    CHARIS - Thanks =)

    LUCY - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jake, Toepaintguy@yahoo.comJanuary 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM

    Wow, thank you for your 'best of the best' Colette. These are amazing. I have seen Indigo Illusion before, but never like this! It looks just wonderful on your perfect nails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JAKE - Thanks! That color took a place in my favorites the first time I ever saw it =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...