Sunday, January 24, 2010

NOTD: Vday Inspired Funky French

I've been seeing Valentines manicures starting to pop up around the blogosphere.  I saw Brooke use this plate a few days ago & thought I'd give it a try.  I had a really short time frame for this mani, so I had to work quick, but I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out, almost exactly as in my head =)

A lot of the time when I do a french manicure I don't feel the need for anything other than my normal base coat, but since my nails have a little yellowing right now I dug through the unworns for a sheer pink & came up with L'Oreal Bijou Facets B. Sweet.  I didn't really notice in the bottle, but once on the nail I saw that this slightly frosty sheer pink has tiny pink bar glitter in it, adding a little bit more bling.  I used one coat of that, then free handed my tips (messily I'll admit) with Color Club Black.  Then I used Psyche Pink Konad polish & image plate m73 to stamp the heart design on the tips:




Not bad for what was actually about a 20-minute mani start to finish LOL.  Plus I came across a lot of pinks in my search, so now they're cluttering up my desktop & I think I'll try & use more of them coming up to Valentine's Day since during the rest of the year I'm probably less than half as likely to wear pink LOL.

Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really a cute french! I am lousy at those, but I love to look at them, and this is a favorite - totally unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love french manis done in black and pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    NIKI - Thank you =)

    NICOLE - Thanks you!

    AYUU - Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...