Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NOTD: Spiderweb Marble

For once, this turned out exactly as I pictured in my head. Super-fun Halloween manicure, and super-easy to do. Hardest part was getting the base coat halfway-decently opaque. I lost count, but I think this was 6 coats? And still visible nail line. Oh, and don't let the camera fool you, this is NEON =) Sinful Colors Summer Peach:


Next, I took my inspiration from this tutorial from over at Trendy Nail. You can translate to your language of choice, or just watch the self-explanatory video at the bottom =) I didn't follow this to the letter, but the only real difference was that instead of going from the middle of the nail towards the corner, I dragged from the corner towards the middle, to get a cool spiderweb effect. As I try to when showing freehand art, I've included a shot of my right hand, which is a tad messier but not much:


I was going to put a rhinestone in each web corner, but I changed my mind after the pinky LOL. My mom tried to tell me it's too early for a full-on Halloween mani, but I have to disagree. I have several Halloween manis I want to do, and since I don't think I could handle wearing orange for like a week straight, I've got to get started =) Thanks for reading.

~Colette

22 comments:

  1. That is so cute!!!!! I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so amazing :D Really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I really like this! It looks so neat, I have to try this (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! that is beyond amazing!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I cannot believe how good that looks! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is spectacular! So freaking cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! You worked this one, girl! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow, that looks really awesome Colette :)
    are you going to use this mani to enter ocnailart's halloween contest? I'm sure you'd have a good chance with this desing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooops, I've just seen that the contest is over and the winners have been announced, sorry about that mistake Colette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is gorgeous! That polish is fantastic looking. Looks beautiful with your skin color. I love the web designs. Very pretty. You'll have to make some spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed! I have to try this myself, too :-)Some spiders would definitely suit in this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so cool. I cant wait to do this one! I think I will add the spider konad stamp to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out great! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is the coolest halloween mani i've seen so far, and that is saying something! you've got talent woman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! This is so gorgeous!!! I love it! You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    RIJAH - Thank you =)

    KAE - Thanks, I can't wait to see your version =)

    AQUAHEART - Thank you =)

    MANICUREMANIA - Thank you =)

    MIGHTY LAMBCHOP - Thanks =)

    THE PBG - Thanks =)

    CHOCADDICT - Thank you - I didn't know about the contest (I am soooo behind on everything but posting) but thanks for the thought even though it's over =)

    DOO - Thanks =)

    LUCY - Thank you =) I don't have very many neons but sometimes they suit perfectly.

    AMABILE - Thank you =) I had the thought, but didn't trust myself to hand-do spiders

    TRISKIT - Thanks. Before this, I never thought I needed that plate LOL

    MARY - Thank you =)

    CHARMING NAILS - Thanks =)

    SOLVEING - Thanks =)

    KELLIEGONZO - Wow, I know there are a lot out there right now - thank you so much =)

    BEAUTYJUDY - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Colette! thank you for visit my site! A lot of kiss from Trendynail and Italy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...