Saturday, January 9, 2010

NOTD: Orly Iron Butterfly (4 Ways)

Well, this manicure turned into quite the journey LOL.  Although given the opacity of the polish, even the finished product wasn't too many layers.  I started out with Orly Iron Butterfly, part of their Metal Chic collection.  This impressed me because it was opaque in one coat & it dried very quickly, although not so fast that it was difficult to work with on the nail:




Next was using China Glaze Admire, from the Romantique collection & Konad image plate m65:




Konaded look plus topcoat:


 

I was pretty pleased, and went to bed, but for some reason when I got up the next morning I didn't like it as well anymore so I took 5 mins to add another coat of Iron Butterfly & then a coat of Seche Vite:






These particular mattes from Orly remind me of the OPI Suedes, in that they have a lot of depth when you add a topcoat, a girl at work even asked if I added the silvery glitter as a separate topcoat.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am in love with my Iron Butterfly, that's my favorite from the whole collection. I think I even like the finish! But you know I liked the Suedes, too. I actually like your konad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both manicures. I just bought Iron Butterfly. Haven't used it yet. I think that's my theme song! Love the roses also. Both are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of the konad version before top coat. It looks somewhat understated but I bet it was really nice in person. I love matte and suede finishes but I'm undecided if I like them with or without top coat. The top coat does give them a lot of depth but it takes away some of the uniqueness of the suede.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toepaintguy@yahoo.comJanuary 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM

    Colette, you make Iron Butterfly look just amazing! I'd consider that to be a guy color, but on your gorgeous nails, and as perfectly as you applied it, it looks simply astounding.

    It is people like you that I get a lot my inspiration from!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love the konad :-) But Iron Butterfly is awesome nevertheless

    ReplyDelete
  6. GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    NICOLE - I think Orly's formula beat OPI if I compare these with the Suedes - I haven't tried the other 2 yet, but Iron Butterfly was a true one-coater

    SOLVEIG - I agree =)

    LUCY - I really don't know why I fell out of love with the roses, I liked them when I first did them LOL

    BLUEYEZ - I usually give in to topcoat just because I've heard so often that they wear poorly without, plus I usually like the look better =)

    JAKE - Thanks! I think this would be a great color for a guy too, either with or without topcoat. Hope I can continue to inspire you =)

    HALIFAX - Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...