Thursday, October 8, 2009

NOTD: OPI YDKJ (Suede ... Kinda)

OK, so I am not a big fan of the whole matte look. I like my nails shiny damnit. So you can imagine my horror this fall, with mattes literally around every corner from every company. Still, I've come to appreciate a matte topcoat over a flakie or glitter polish, and I was fascinated by OPI's Suede Collection. Especially after seeing Scrangie's swatches with topcoat =)

I still wanted to show off some of the Suede finish though - so I decided to do a design kind of like I did with a Konad design a while ago, and leave a suede corner at the base of my nail. Not bad if I do say so, although not quite as cool as I imagined. OPI You Don't Know Jacques! Suede:

(EDIT: By the way, I took these mostly trying to catch my little bit of nail art ... if you'd like some better pics of the color & texture of this suede polish, please go check out Scrangie's swatches)


As a random bonus, check out my mom's blue pumpkins, we're getting frost tonight so she was harvesting the last of her garden. They're still kind of green, but they do have a hint of blue & they are pretty cool looking, decorative & edible also, too bad the ridiculously long vine only produced 3 pumpkins:


Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

6 comments:

  1. I actually love the suedes, the funny part is that more with a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't care for mattes either, but they've grown on me. I, as you, prefer glitters and flakies with matte topcoat, but these suedes look absolutely fantastic!

    That's such a creative way to show off the finish, amazing! And those pumpins are the cutest thing ever. :)

    By the way, I've tagged you on my blog, check it out: http://nailinit.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/tag-7-choses/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still not overly keen on mattes - the only thing I think I would do is buy a matte t/c and maybe do a matte/shiny manicure, kind of like what you've done here! I did love the look of the suedes, though, because they have so much going on. I think with the shiny topcoat they're best, and I love yours with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALLYOUDESIRE - I agree LOL =)

    SOLVEIG - My mom loves mattes & keeps bugging me to get more - I told her she could buy me some LOL =)

    Thanks, I'll check out the taq =)

    NICOLE - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your manicure. Really turned out beautifully. Those pumpkins are awesome looking. I've never grown pumpkins, but do these turn orange or are they a special variety? They look fantastic for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCY - They don't turn orange - they are supposedly "blue" but I don't know if they would have gotten better color if we'd been able to leave them on the vine longer. With the freeze coming we had to harvest - they are decorative & edible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...