Thursday, October 1, 2009

NOTD: Nubar Marble

I recently saw a review of Nubar's base & topcoats, over at Painted Lady Fingers, and remembered how much I liked their polish and so when I decided to use a Nubar color, I dug out my Diamant. To my surprise, I found a bottle of the base coat I'd forgotten I had, I think it came free with my order. Anyway, I decided to make the whole mani Nubar, from the base, to the colors, to the topcoat =) And it turned out pretty awesome.

For the design I used 3 polishes from Nubars Liquid Metals collection (I'm 98% sure that's what it's called ...): Risky Rose, Black Chrome, & Impulsive Silver ... I'd consider this nail art in the freehand category, so you also get to see my right hand - which actually turned out a little better since I did it second. My favorite nail turned out to be my right thumb:

Nubar Water MarbleNubar Water MarbleNubar Water MarbleNubar Water MarbleNubar Water MarbleNubar Water Marble

This is my first water marbled mani. Only problem I had was where I got spots from not getting all of the water droplets off. You can find a ton of videos on YouTube if you'd like to see a tutorial, but the best tip I used came from Tartofraises Nail Art which is to tape around your nail so you don't have a total mess to clean up, just a little bitty mess.

Have you ever tried water marbling? How were your results? I can't wait to try it again with different colors! Thanks for reading.

~Colette

10 comments:

  1. your water marbling turned out spectacular! It looks amazing, great job :) I failed mine several months ago and have not gone back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing! I really want to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool look. I'm not sure if I could pull that off as you have. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAE - I did a few test-marbles before I stuck my nail in - at first I think I had too big of a cup, when I got a smaller one I got better results.

    HELEN - it was fun, I hope you do =)

    DENNY - You'll never know if you don't try =) Just watch lots of tutorials first & try different polishes.

    ALLYOUDESIRE - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this, it came out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't try it so far.... but after seeing your results, I might try it soon! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shades you used. I love this effect. I really have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMARENA - Thanks =)

    REESE - Thank you =)

    INBAL - Thanks =)

    LUCY - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...