Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NOTD: Barielle Glammed Out Garnet w/ Spiderweb French Tip

OK, mouthful of a title much, LOL? But that's what it is.

Sometimes I'll try something new, and it turns out so well that I immediately want to do another version. Sometimes round 2 is better ... sometimes not so much. My hands were not as steady tonight, so I'm not quite as happy with this as with the totally Halloween-colored mani, but it's still pretty good & I did get to use some rhinestones this time.

I started off with a base color of Barielle's Glammed Out Garnet, from the All Lacquered Up collection:


I unfortunately don't have any drugstores nearby that sell this brand, but the Barielle website has buy 2 polishes get 1 free, free shipping over $50.00, and you get a discount code as soon as you become a member, so I don't exactly mind shopping there. Aaand if you click the link above or on the right sidebar, you do happen to help our yours truly =)

On to the nail art. I used China Glaze Devotion for my webs, and added a rhinestone both for added bling & to cover the tip of my nail which ended up a little bare without it. Like I said, not my favorite ever, but still cool:


One of these days I'd also like to do this technique the original way & make flowers instead of webs. So much nail art, so little time =) Thanks for reading.

~Colette

11 comments:

  1. See, I like this one better; its more vampy and cool to me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mani! I need to give water marbling a try. I'm waiting for my nails to grow out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GILDEDANGEL - Thank you =)

    THE PBG - This marble is actually done with a tiny brush (link to the tutorial a couple posts down), but for me it was almost harder than water marbling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Glammed Out Garnet! The spiderweb is so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This shade looks beautiful on you. I love the webs and your jewels. This is completely different than the last and just as pretty. I keep saying I'm going to do nail art but I'm too darn lazy! I'll just look at everyone else's for now. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! That color rocks on you and the silver spiderwebs are so cool. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your reviews very much. The shape of your fore and middle fingernails always draws my eye because they are too wide. It looks like they are tips and that the ring and pinkie nails are natural? Just wondering, I hope I am not offending, just curious! Keep the reviews coming, I check for them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KAE - Thank you =)

    AINOS2 - Thanks =)

    LUCY - I've got one more mani in this theme I want to do, and then maybe I'll get out of this rut & do some different techniques again LOL.

    MIGHTY LAMBCHOP - Thank you =)

    THINWOMAN - No offense taken - my nails are all natural, but several are patched & some more than others. My middle split almost all the way, and my index actually broke OFF, but I'm awfully stubborn & glued them back together LOL

    I post up pics without any polish periodically, if you're interested to see you can check out my Naked Nails tag =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "So much nail art, so little time =) "

    This is so true :-D !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMABILE - LOL, I really can't imagine running out of ideas =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...