Thursday, October 1, 2009

Disaster?

So, I thought I'd go ahead & change the patch-over-a-patch quick fix that I had to do the other day on my index finger ... I'm not sure if it was more broken than I realized under the patch, or if I was just too rough with my removal... the whole nail broke off.

I just kind of sat & stared at it for a minute. Hmmm. I'll save you the gruesome visual ... mainly because I forgot to take a pic while the end was detached LOL. I finished removing the existing patch from the broken piece, then very carefully carried it upstairs & proceeded to glue it back on.

The trick, I think, is that rather than glue it back on top of the rest of the nail I refrained from any filing, dabbed on my trusty IBD gel resin, and matched up the jagged edges. I held it in placed for a minute, and then let go, holding my breath. IT STAYED IN PLACE! Next I added my normal silk wrap & a coat of glue both over that under my free edge, then another layer on top ... buffed as normal ... and if I didn't know better I would never guess. Click to enlarge & you can see the break underneath it all:



Now, the question is, how long this will really last ... you know I'll keep you posted of course =) Keep your fingers crossed with me as I attempt to grow this out! Thanks for reading.

~Colette

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this happened to you too! I hope it holds up well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope it holds firm for you.
    I'm still growing out three patches from July - it is taking forever and I can't wait til my nails have been restored to their former unbroken glory, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOO & HELEN - So far so good! I've knocked it a couple times & semi-panicked, but it's still good & really feels surprisingly normal =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never repaired a nail so I would just chop it off. I know a Helen's length I would have a stroke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUCY - it crossed my mind to cut them all off, but I'm just too stubborn =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...