Wednesday, October 7, 2009

NOTD: Green For Depression Awareness Month

You guys know I try to keep things around here pretty happy & upbeat, but those of you who’ve wandered over to Throughout Me know that’s not always how I feel. Scrangie recently put up a very informative post, letting all of her readers know that October is Depression Awareness month, and for those of you who haven’t read the post already I encourage you to click the link above & take a moment to do so.

Depression isn't just about being “sad” … it can be about feeling hopeless, out of control of your life & your emotions. And it’s got a stigma as not being a “real problem” to the point where a lot of times people don’t even want to talk about it. You probably know a lot of people in your day-to-day life that are dealing with this problem, even if you don’t know who they are.

Now, it wouldn't be an awareness month without a signature color! Time for a green mani =) Barielle Date Night, Konad done with Millennium & plate m36:


Millennium is a little brighter of a silver than Devotion for stamping. Here's a quick comparison shot, Millennium left & Devotion right:


Thanks for reading

~Colette

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Colette - I was so glad that Scrangie posted such an informative post about depression, and I too struggle with this from time to time. For me, when I'm down it's almost overwhelming just to get by day to day doing the simplest things, I've been pretty down for the last week or so, and I'm exhausted all the time. Working my way out of it now, but I love that we're raising awareness of this.
    Your mani is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the manicure. I hadn't any idea of Depression Awareness Month. Count me in also. I usually try to stay upbeat but sometimes things hit hard. Thank God medication works on me. I take Effxor and started out on three pills about 7 years ago. I gradually weaned my way down to one. I felt like I hadn't any feelings when I was on three pills. I'd watch the saddest film and everyone's sobbing but me. So I changed things after a long while. These blogs really do help. Having an outlet to talk. Even though we discuss nail polish it does help me. Thank you for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICOLE - Good to hear you're feeling better. I think it shows how low the awareness is that even so many people who suffer didn't know there was a month.

    LUCY - For me it seems like it's so much easier to write about than to talk about. And in a way nail polish helping makes sense, because it's something that's basically almost always positive, and if it's not, we have the power to fix it with a swipe of remover =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...