Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NOTD & My Great New (Dorky) Idea

It was really kind of hard to part with Ruby Pumps. I got so many compliments & nice reactions & I was loving looking at it whever I needed a smile. But I didn't want to wait for it to start chipping (as I usually do) & I had something really great to replace it with that I've been looking forward to using since I found it at a Dollar Tree.

It was hard to resist posting even more pics, and none of these do it justice. Maybelline Express Finish Jaded Blues. Teal/Green/Gold sparkly awesome duo-chrome-ness. Yummy.


Then, I had an idea, kind of out of the blue, kind of dorky, & decided to give it a try. I used my scanner on my hand and this is what I got:


Not the quality of my camera, but it picked up the colors surprisingly well. I think it's actually closest to what I see when I just look down at my hand. I'll definitely try this technique again, and may be getting a better quality scanner soon.

This mani will last me until I do my nails for Valentines Day. I'm currently debating exactly how cutesy I want to go ... I have quite a few heart-themed Konad stamps that don't exactly get heavy usage the rest of the year & of course plenty of red & pink polish. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. The scanner pics are awesome. What a great idea! I have a scanner here at work, I will have to try that technique out sometime and see what I get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color...I really like that. The scanner images really show the "sheen" too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the pictures. Love the color and especially the colors on the scanner. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BROOKE - It really was one of those out of the blue ideas that was kinda like, what do I have to lose if it doesn't work? So I just tried it & am so glad that I did.

    JAMIE - I was so hopeful it would help show the duo-chrome, & it tuend out even better than I'd hoped.

    LUCY - This color jumps right into my top 10 ... which I seem to find myself saying a lot, it's probably more like a top 20 or 30 at this point lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...