Thursday, February 19, 2009

NOTD: Milani Totally Cool

No, seriously, that's the name. And holy crap do I love this polish. You can tell by how many pics I took, trying to capture it's uber-ness. So many pics that I will put my explanation in front of them instead of after.

Milani Totally Cool is one out of yesterday's mini-haul. And I CANNOT seem to photograph it properly. I don't know what else to say - I was hoping the pics would say it all for me. It's a purple glitter with pink duo-chrome effect ... I think. I can't really tell if it's purple glitter that looks pink sometimes or pink glitter in a purple base color. Really cool either way. Much less blue than it comes out in some of the pics. I would totally hate my camera if I hadn't read other people complain of the difficulties in shooting certain shades of purple.

Still, I gave it my best shot under a plethora of different lighting conditions. So many that I don't remember all of them, but I've labelled what I could. Excuse the lack of focus, some of it is on purpose in an attempt to show the glitter better, some just turned out that way. So here we go (PS: I highly suggest enlarging these):


And a few featuring just the bottle for good measure:


I guess I'm glad I'm posting this instead of seeing it on someone else because if this weren't already in my hands (& on them) I'd be lemming it. I don't know if this is rare or maybe new, but I am pretty sure I have never seen this color before (because if I had I would have bought it at that time).

To make a long story (post) short: I'm very happy with this very distracting color. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

9 comments:

  1. I think it's really pretty...I might pick it up the next time I'm at a drugstore. Purples (especially purples like those) are so hard to capture accurately; they almost always turn out blurple *glares* so I completely understand your frustration. I see you also got Hot Topic's Iridescent Purple as well; I had the same difficulty photographing it, but it's so gorgeous you'll let it slide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAJSA - My thoughts exactly!

    ASIAN GIRL - I almost wore the Hot Topic, and I kind of decided on the Milani because I hadn't seen pics of it anywhere else & my curiosity got the best of me - and I'm SO glad that it did lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool is a great name for that polish. I love it! Thanks for all the pictures. I don't have a blog, but I think I'll start trying to capture my manicures. It's all so totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What great colors! I bet you're glancing at your nails all day...it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUCY - Glad you enjoyed the pics, I hesitated just a minute with quite so many but they all show a different aspect of the polish. It really does look totally different all day long.

    JAMIE - Thanks - I really do find myself looking at my nails when I should be, for example, watching where I'm walking lol. This polish goes right onto my all-time favorites list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KAYLEE - Glad you're enjoying my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to leave a comment the other day on this, but it wasn't working right. Anyway, I think it looks like China Glaze Flying Dragon. Have you seen or do you own that color? I wonder how close to a dupe they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BROOKE - That's so funny - I have (apparently) been on a purple-glitter polish binge lately, and I picked up Flying Dragon over the weekend. Just looking at them in the bottle, Totally Cool is darker, and Flying Dragon has some blue glitter in it. I don't think it will be too long before you see pics of it up =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...