Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nubar NOTD

I wanted to do something bright again so I chose Nubar Reef Green, Konaded with black special polish & plate m31. I was watching TV & spaced out a little so I don't have a pic pre-Konad for this one.

The finish on this I think might be termed a foil? I'm not really 100% up on a lot of the "technical" descriptive terms but I do know it's shiny & pretty & very springy & maybe I can help encourage some more warm weather from Mother Nature - we had a balmy 46 degrees yesterday & no I'm not joking - in Minnesota that is an excuse for shorts for some people.

I'm not totally happy with my Konad. I had some streaking because I used black & was impatient with the top coat ... not that it's THAT bad, I just feel kind of sick of my current plate collection. I've been planning on buying some more for a while but I just haven't gotten around to placing an order. This will help get my butt in gear I think.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

7 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty! I love the green/black color and the flowers are adorable!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great konads! Those flowers are really cute, and I like the green/black combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUSAN - Thanks! I'm liking it even more the longer I wear it.

    BROOKE - The black special polish can be a pain (as you know) but it's always so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MS. KATEE - thanks for the compliment & for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color! And you're having far better luck with the Konad than I have...mine is shoved away in a drawer until I get brave enough to try it again. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JAMIE - Thanks! The secret is just to keep practicing. I still mess up occasionally, but if you're bold enough & do it fast, you can take a q-tip dipped in polish remover & do corrections.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...