Saturday, February 21, 2009

Coupon-Inspired Mini-Haul

So, I got a discount coupon in my email for spending like $25 with my Sally Card last month ... I wanted to buy my mom some base coat, and some Seche Vite for my aunt, and a present for my friend who just graduated a class she is taking. So I thought, well, I've got 15% off this purchase, what else can I find for myself? So I picked up a few colors, some supplies for my cracked nail, and then made a quick jaunt down to the Dollar Tree at the other end of the strip, and this is what I came home with:


Not bad. Overall, with my regular discount, $5 coupon, and 15% off coupon, I ended up saving like 26 bucks.

Tomorrow, if I can come to terms with spending so much money, I'll be buying a new computer. My current computer is about 5 years old and it makes disturbing sounds when I turn it on that the IT guy at works says could either be the fan dying or the actual hard drive dying. This aside from the painfully slow process of ... well, to be honest, EVERYTHING. And while I don't precisely need a new monitor, 24" wide-screen shiny-ness is hard to resist.

Anyway, I've pretty much made my decision, but anytime I spend over like a couple hundred bucks I get kind of anxious feeling. Like, am I really SURE this is the one I want? Do I REALLY need 6 gigs of RAM instead of 4? My printer still prints (crooked, but it prints), do I HAVE to get a new printer? I think the answer to all of those is yes. But I know I won't rest easy until it's purchased, set up, my somewhat massive iTunes library and everything else is safely transferred, and it's been running smoothly for like a week.

So, if I happen drop off the face of the blogosphere for a few days in the near future, that means that the transition did not go smoothly. Or maybe that it went too smoothly & I'm too distracted playing with my new toy to post about it lol. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

2 comments:

  1. Great haul girl!

    Congrats on the purchase of a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... although I'm running into snags (why offer a package deal if you don't have all the parts of the package in stock!?) I'm still going to do it. Even though spending so much all at once is making me a little queasy lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...