Friday, February 26, 2010

NOTD: Green Sponged Swoop (+ Konad & Matte-ified)

Well, it started out supposed to be a swoop at least ... I've been seeing swoop designs on other blogs, in my head it combined with the urge to do some sponging with 3 different colors, but on the nail I didn't have much of a curvy swoop to my lines, they're more plain diagonals.  I still like the way it turned out though; I used 3 colors from Wet 'n' Wild, Jade (lighter green), Morbid (darker green), & Shield (metallic tip):


(Although I used more colors, this is the same basic technique as I used in THIS Purple Sponged Gradient tutorial.)

Then I decided to change it up for the next day, so I stamped it with White Konad Special Polish & image plate m64:


Then I added a coat of Matte Magic & this is how it turned out:


I wasn't sure what I thought at first, but it grew on me, it was really different from anything I normally wear.  You know, with St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, I think this could be a fun mani, either version, for that holiday.  Hmmm, I'll have to do some more green designs.  I have to admit it appeals to me more than pink for Valentines Day did LOL.

Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

10 comments:

  1. It kinda grew on me too..I was liking it til you did the Konad, then you added the Matte and I was all..."oooOOOOooooh!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how it looks with the stamp on top and the different colours in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, saw some of your posts, you have lots of green polishes.. i'm addicted to green color haha, love ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colette-
    A quick question, do you have special plates for stamping longer nails? My nails aren't too long....but I have a LOT of trouble making the designs fit my nails. However, yours always look great! What's your secret???

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. DONNA - no, most of the full nail designs I have to double-stamp on my nails =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...