Sunday, February 21, 2010

Guest Fail: Nubar Lemon Drop Dazzle

EDIT:  I decided to take a pic of the bottle to show why my mom liked it in the first place, see below =)

First, I have to say that my mom classified this as a fail herself, not me LOL.  She said it was a pretty color, just not on her - honestly I'm not sure if it would look good on my either.  EXTREMELY sheer - this is 5 coats, and you can still totally see her nail line.  Still, maybe I can kill a lemming for someone, so I always show everything, even the fails =)  From the Sweet Nothings collection, this is Nubar Lemon Drop Dazzle.


She did matte-ify this for a couple days & liked it better, but I didn't get a shot of it with that finish.  Then she was still wearing this Friday morning, and I basically ordered her to remove it, I told her it was totally against the rules to be wearing a polish you don't absolutely LOVE on your birthday.  I helped remedy the situation - by giving her her very first water marble!  Blue & dark grey, inspired by the stark winter trees against soft blue sky ... it's awesome.  One of my favorite water marbles ever!  So stay tuned for that =)

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. That's 5 coats?!? That polish is a fail! I can't wait to see the marbling though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer yellow are not attractive. They just make it look like your nails are stained. And I can't believe that's 5 coats. It doesn't look like she's wearing anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I like this color a lot, BUT i must say your mother has really pretty hands!! I know now where you got yours from ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GILDEDANGEL - it was the worst out of the whole collection so far =( I've really liked others from the Sweet Nothings collection

    PERRYPIE - LOL, my comment to her before I realized she had polish on was "Why are your nails so yellow?"

    MICHELE - =) Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...