Wednesday, February 3, 2010

NOTD: Vday Funky French + Tutorial

Well, this turned out sloppier than in my head, but practice makes perfect as they say & overall I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.  I got a little bit of streaking from the black on a couple of nails where I was a bit impatient with my sparkly topcoat, but that's what I get for doing my nails right before bed I guess.  I was also dissapointed that Orly Twilight, which I used as a base color as well as over the design, didn't show up a little more - it's so pretty in the bottle.  You can see it a little in the shot with flash but overall it didn't pop as much as I wanted.  White is Color Club French Tip, black is Color Club Black:


And here's the tutorial =)



Thanks for reading.

~Colette

18 comments:

  1. Your nails look really nice. I like this for a V-Day manicure. And you did a YT tutorial! I like your videos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is beautiful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks fo the tutorial^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty ! I like the effect of Twilight on the last picture, it looks discreet but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! This is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey collette can u post a vid on u tube all my freinds get there nails dona n laugh at my bare ones can u do the vid on all the colors of the china glaze omg collection n swatches
    oh yeah n its my sisters wedding n my husband lost his job so i cant go on the salon pleez help me
    if u do i will widly appreciate it
    take that catthy,lauran,and mindi
    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  9. its me the one whos sisters wedding is coming my name is sarah anyway
    oh yeah pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    post the video of the hologryphic omg collection on ur nails from china glaze
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. remeber the utube thing with the omg collection swatches thanx
    I LOVE U FOR THIS PLEEEEZ HELP ME I AM DESPERATE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ill BE WAITING FOR THE VID ON U TUBE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dear,
    I really like this design! It's cute and easy to handle! I'll keep watching your video~Thanks for your sharing! lol
    Fm Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this, you inspired me to do my own nails for Canada Day! Thank you so much for all your posts!
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6kjyvEtzJ1rsv8r7o1_1280.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...