Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Purple Fail

The title of this post was supposed to be NOTD:  Purple Glitter Chevron Marble.  Not talking water marbling, so if you're intimidated by that technique, you might want to try this out.  All you need is a small nail art brush.  & please don't let my fail turn you off LOL.  I have pulled this off successfully several times ... this just wasn't one of them.  I messed up one nail in particular past salvaging (you will see ... pretty much instantly LOL), and at that point I was irritated enough with how the mani was going that I took the whole thing off instead of just redoing that nail. 

The thing with this technique is, you want to apply topcoat before it's completely dry, so that it helps everything kind of blend & level out, but if it's too wet, it gets smeary.  Very smeary ... All polish was Sinful Colors, base is Purple Diamond, stripes done with I Love You & Daddys Girl:


If you'd like to check out this technique on a smaller scale - and more importantly, SUCCESSFULLY - you can check out my French Tip Marble Tutorial HERE (which also has a link in the sidebar to that post with more pics).  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. I love the french tip marble! You always have the best tutorials. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! too bad that the topcoat ruined it cause its definitely not a fail until it smudged :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAURA, GILDEDANGEL - Thanks!

    NIKI - I'd like to give it another try, but I've been so busy with other ideas =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...