Monday, February 22, 2010

Guest NOTD: Blue & Grey Water Marble

One more post before bed - here is my mom's birthday mani =)  I used Misa Right Here Now, No More Later, and Misa Dying Love for this look, and followed the same marbling technique as in THIS Shades of Green tutorial.  Mom was a very good "client" since she's watched all my tutorials (Unlike Tee LOL!) and it was fun because normally she does her own nails, this was the first time I ever gave her a mani.  And it's  pure AWESOMENESS:


She picked the colors because she was inspired by the stark black tree branches in winter against the blue sky.  While we were out & about we passed this tree & she said "Yeah, just like that!" so I snapped a quick pic:


She's still got it on with no chips!  She is taking extra special care LOL, she's enjoying it so much =)  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

8 comments:

  1. Amazing job! Wow, probably one of the best water marbling manis I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, those colors are perfect together ! It's my fave water marble !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Your Mom has great taste and you did a wonderful job. Happy Birthday to your Mom. How young is she? :)
    Wish our gas prices were that low. We are at $2.90!
    :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the colors are so beautiful and unique together and your marbling came out so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EVERYONE - Thank you all! My mom love this so much she actually wore it for close to a week, maintaining it with fresh topcoat every few days =)

    SUSIE - My mom just turned 60 =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...