So, in an effort to be more accountability to myself, I'm going to look back at the start of each month & see how I'm doing with sticking to the resolutions that I made at the beginning of the year. Hopefully this will keep me on task ... or get me back on if I get off track LOL. So today is the start of a new month, & here's how January went:
Overall, not doing too bad I guess. How are you doing with your resolutions? On track or maybe fallen off the wagon? Leave a comment or drop an email & let me know =) Thanks for reading.
- Losing Weight - Meh. I lost the 5 lbs I'd put on over the holidays, put it back on, then managed to take it off again LOL. So down 5 on the year, by the skin of my teeth. My consolation is that I beat my dad - he started using my stationery bike & doing some other exercises, and he is only down 1 lb for the month.
- Budget - Also meh. I am getting better with being aware when & what I am spending, but I've only saved a couple of hundred so far in my checking & savings combined. If I actually look at my total funds, which includes my HSA (Health Savings Account) I am actually down because since I am at the start of a new plan year, I am also at the start of my $2500/year deductible ... last time I went to the pharmacy it was $450 ... yeah. The goal is to save enough by summer to look at buying a new car.
- Schedule - Well, I am fitting in everything I want, but just by the skin of my teeth & I really need to get into bed earlier because by the end of the week I am dead on my feet, then end up sleeping away most of my weekend.
- Reading - I have to give myself a FAIL here so far. I've only read 5 books. Last year by the end of January I was up to 7 so I'm falling behind when I wanted to be ahead. Don't ask where I plan on cramming in more book time LOL, but I've got to find a way!
- Socializing - Ummm... actually I think I get a thumbs up here =) Not like I've turned into a party animal or anything, but I did spend a few hours shoe-shopping at the mall with Tee yesterday, which is at least getting out & about. Usually I run most of my errands by myself & as quickly as possible, so an actual leisurely afternoon browsing was a change.
- Comments - Definite FAIL so far. But that's mainly because I still haven't managed to catch up! Once I catch up I think I can keep up.
- Throughout Me -Well, only 3 posts in January, so less than 1 a week ... but considering I only posted 2x in December & 2x in November, I think I'm doing OK. I have also managed to fit in time to write on almost a daily basis. I just have a problem finishing things LOL, lots of little snippets floating around in my notebooks or on scraps of paper.