Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sallys Trip & The Puppy

I got a lot of great feedback from my readers when I asked for recommendations for a cuticle oil. I ended up deciding to give Solar Oil a try because it seemed to get the most recommendations, and also would be pretty easy to get since Sally's carries & it also has a great discount with the Sally Card.

Yeah ... except I went to freaking 4 different Sally's & they didn't have it! I was supremely irritated ... although I did manage to find a few other things at Sallys:


I'd been meaning to go back after my last trip, because I couldn't stop thinking about Orange Marmalade & yesterday I decided I needed to get it even though orange is pretty low on my favorite colors list (like, at the bottom). It so happens that this month is buy 2 get 1 free on all polish. Yeah ... that's not tempting or anything. So I also picked up Blue Sparrow & For Audrey (bottom row). Clearance polish is unfortunately not included in the promotion, but I still picked up Orly's Golden Maharajah & Midnight Star (top row).

That was yesterday, which was pretty nice, but today it was just gorgeous outside, I'm talking driving around with the moonroof open nice, and I decided on the way home from work that it was a perfect day to take the dog for a walk. And so I did, and snapped a few pics to finally introduce you all to the family dog, Dude:


Here he is with his leash, ready to go for his walk:


And here he is afterward, mellowed out (if you look closely ... you might have to zoom in ... you can see actual green grass growing! Yay spring!):


He's a mutt, a chow-mix (the pound said mixed with boxer, I have always maintained mixed with pit bull), and he's usually a sweetheart, but he's also a good guard dog. He's got a bad hip - at only 3 years old =( - so he's a little gimpy & goes around on 3 legs some of the time, but thankfully it doesn't seem to bother him much.

Now that I'm all caught up with posting, I've got to go get caught up with comments, I don't think I've replied back since like Friday (sorry!). Thanks for reading.

~Colette

12 comments:

  1. My local Sally's hasn't put Orly Gems on clearance yet...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Dude is very handsome and has beautiful eyes! I'm a major dog lover with 3 of my own. I'm waiting to get my Sally discount from last month then I'm going to hit them up and hope I find some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free as well. I got Strawberry Fields, Blue Sparrow, and Watermelon Rind all ChG. I was lucky that they had these 2 from the spring collection (they had been sold out for a while). I am loving For Audrey, I think I might have to get that one.
    Your dog is so cute! Mine does that too when it's time for a walk! Only three with a gimp? Poor boy!
    Love the puppy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure Clearance items aren't included in the promotion ??? I got 12 China Glaze Romantique collection nail polishes for buy 2 get 1 frees!! They were all on clearance, so I spent 2.99 x 8 + tax. Might want to double check with different stores.. maybe the store you went to was stingy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude is a great looking dog! I love dogs. If I lived in a house instead of an apartment, I'd get a puppy.

    You are going to love Blue Sparrow! That was a Flavor of the Week back in January...it is gorgeous. I have all those ChG polishes you copped on your Sally's trip.

    I'm anxious to see you swatch the two Orly's you got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude looks like a sweet guy! Maybe you can paint his doggie "toenails?" Just kidding- though I have seen doggie manicures here in Japan- complete with rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude looks so sweet :) I'm such a dog person :)
    The nail polish is cool too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name DUDE!! I want to name my next dog Banana - I have no clue why! lol

    Good job on the haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new polishes. :-)

    Dude is one handsome dog - thanks for introducing us! I have two dogs as well, and just can't even imagine life without them. What a great, expressive face Dude has!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE ASIAN GIRL - When was the last time you went - I'm wondering if they marked them down at the begining of the month?

    MARY - Can't wait to see your haul =)

    NESSA - It's hard to resist such a good deal - I may end up going back for more.

    LILAZNKTTY - The girl I asked didn't know & had to ask her manager, but I know the stores do vary sometimes so I'll be sure to check again if I go to another.

    THE PBG - I've been waiting for an excuse to pick up Blue Sparrow for a while, I can't wait to wear it.

    NEVERTOOMUCHGLITTER - Wow, those dogs must be a lot more mellow than mine LOL I don't think I could ever get him to sit still long enough.

    OLIVIA C. - He gets jealous when I give the cat more attention, but Dude has to face the fact that Frisky has seniority LOL. She already outlived 2 dogs before we got him, so she knows she's in charge.

    BROOKE - I'm sure there's a dirty joke somewhere in there if you ended up with the combination of Dinky & Banana for your pets, but I'm too tired to figure it out LOL

    JAMIE - There has almost always been a dog in the house, the longest I think without one was when our dog before Dude passed, we had no dog for a month & it was the weirdest thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...