Thursday, April 16, 2009

Naked Tips & NOTD

Fingertips! Before anyone gets any crazy ideas, I'm talking about naked FINGERTIPS people! LOL

I took just a tiny bit of length off of my nails, both to square them up a little & because they're almost as long as I want. Why then, you ask, take length off? Well, in the past when I've thought "one more week & I'll give them a file" I invariably break a nail the next day. Despite the biotin & everything else positive I've been doing for my nails lately, I didn't want to take a chance at breaking one low, especially as my short index finger has finally almost caught up to the rest of my hand. So here's a quick before & after:



I don't know why my hand is such a different color between these, both were taken under my natural lamp ... I took pics of my right hand too, but it's shamefully lopsided so I think I'll keep those shots to myself.

It's soooo nice having these nice shiny new Konad plates ... and yet at the same time makes it soooo hard to pick! I thought I had a hard time before with only 8 plates. But I did manage to come to a decision. This is 2 coats of Misa Dying Love Konied with China Glaze Passion (flowers) & (butterflies pinky to thumb) Cherish, Adore, Harmony, Emotion & Devotion & plate m36 (both images). I tried to find a ball or something round to use as a prop, trying to get all 5 butterflies in the pic, but I couldn't find anything so I just thought The Claw (anyone else remember that old wrestling move?) & did it freestyle for a few:


I don't usually get this into using multiple colors, but it was another gorgeous day & all of a sudden it seemed totally obvious to do a rainbow of butterflies & a flower that quite reminds me of a daffodil. And I think the dark grey base is my rebellion after wearing pink for 2 days.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful nail stamping colette...and beautiful naked nails... ;-)
    Astasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very elegant design. Thank you for taking the time to share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!! I love the different colors you used, it adds a nice touch to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that - it reminds me of that oriental style fabric (the name escapes me at the moment). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colette your nails look beautiful! Jamie has it right about the oriental style. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASTASIA - Thanks!

    DENNY - Thanks, & you're welcome =)

    BROOKE - Thanks! It's the first time I've used that many colors to Koni with, and it was easier than I thought.

    JAMIE - You are right on, that's what I was thinking all day that they looked like =)

    LUCY - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...