Friday, April 10, 2009

Flower Show

Pics as promised ... we started off with lunch, a lot of times we go to a restaurant that's right at Macy's, but this time we went to a place called Granite City & I got this gigantic burger w/ waffle fries:


Then on to the show:


I think this next one is my favorite that I took today, I actually kind of composed the pic as opposed to my normal point & shoot & move on style:



Coming to the spring flower show has been a family tradition for as long as I remember, back before it was Macy's when it was Marshall Fields & before that when it was Dayton's. There have been a couple that I missed, but I was lucky enough to be able to get a half day at work, and starting at 6 that means I got out of there at 10 which was enough to put me in a good mood all by itself.

Tomorrow is shopping ... since I was unable to find any Solar Oil at any of my local Sally's, I'm going to take advantage of the 20% off Ulta coupon that they got & go get it there. Then I've got a Kohl's coupon & a Lane Bryant coupon & a couple other errands to run, probably the library & etc. After all that, I'll come home & relax & take care of my nails with a fresh mani for Easter.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. Hi Colette! Thanks for the pictures of the flower show. How beautiful are those orchids and roses! Must have also smelled delicious there. So nice that you got off early from work. Have a Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, must have been fantastic. ^^ Have a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - what a great way to spend a few hours! Thanks for sharing the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUCY - As soon as we stepped off the elevators, we could smell the flowers! It was wonderful.

    CLOCKWORK - Thanks, it really was a great afternoon.

    JAMIE - Thanks & you're welcome =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...