Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NOTD: Fall-toned Water Marble w/ Barielles & DS

I realize I forgot to mention, last post, that I did cut my right hand down a bit. The patch on my middle finger finally grew out past the tip of my finger, and I decided to get rid of it & hack the others to match. It's almost even with my left now, although they're both a little lopsided. I'll be doing another naked nails post soon ... I don't exactly like them this short, but they are really healthy right now.

I tried something a little different with this marble, rather than go with a black base for my colors, I decided I wanted to play up one of the colors in the marble, so I used a couple coats of that as a base. From the All Lacquered Up collection, Barielle Polished Princess:


If I were wearing it alone, I would probably do another coat, since there was still some visible nail line.

Now, I know some of you don't really understand why I wasn't pleased with yesterday's marble - & it's not that there was anything wrong with it. I just know that marbles can be SUPER impressive, like I think this one is. Marbling done with Polished Princess, Two Timing - which is another Barielle - and OPI DS Desire:


I think if my nails were at my preferred length, this really would have turned out exactly as in my head, but I'm still very happy. This is the same basic technique & design as I showed in my tutorial. The marbling "recipe" for this was 4 drops each alternating between PP & TT, then 2 drops of Desire in the middle. I particularly like the thumbs so here's a close up on them:



I think this will tide me over for a while with water marbling LOL. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

15 comments:

  1. Love it! The colours work so well together. I really need to give water marbling another try, my first attempt could be described as epic fail...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOVE THIS!! It looks like flames! So cool.
    I swear, you outdo yourself every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks so amazing Colette! I really like these colors together. You are making me want to try another water marbling attempt lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fab. Great colors for fall. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colette this is one of the prettiest marble manicure. I love the combination of polishes you used. You really did a lovely job. Your nails look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are looking great Colette! Your middle nail looks very straight, not curving at all. Do you think it's the shorter length? I know when mine starts curving, a trim fixes the problem. The shades you used for this, look so great on your skin tone. I would have never put this color combo together, the shades really compliment each other! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is truly an amazing combo! Never seen anything like it :D But i just love it :D

    haha my captcha is laters

    so laters :D I guess :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one definitely turned out better than the last one. This is a very cool combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is amazing - what a beautiful example of water marbling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoa- this is so impressive.... My goodness you are good at this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the most beautiful manis I've seen, love the way this turned out, looks like a flame or an oil slick. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUCUMPEAR - Thanks =)

    GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    CONSTESTS - Thank you =)

    KAE - Thank you - look forward to seeing one from you =)

    KELSEALAUREL - Thank you =)

    KATIE - Thanks =)

    LUCY - =) Thank you

    MICHELLE - both my main problem nails have been very straight since I've had them short, it will be interesting to see if it maintains as they grow longer.

    RIJAH - Thank you =)

    BLUEYEZ - Thank you =)

    JENNY - Thanks =)

    DEEZ NAILZ - Thank you =)

    CLOCKWORK - Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...