Wednesday, September 14, 2011

NOTD: OPI Swimsuit ... Nailed It! + Kleancolor Starry Purple

I was - as I often am - indecisive about what was going on my nails on Monday evening.  When I saw the Miss Universe pageant was actually on, I decided to reach for one of the colors from OPI's Miss Universe collection, and after a brief debate Swimsuit ... Nailed It! won.  This is already officially one of my favorite blues, and it has almost a chrome finish it's so metallic & shiny:
 

For the 2nd day I wanted to bling it up - I looked at the chunky silver Crown Me Already! from the same collection, the chunky silver but also holographic glitter Servin' Up Sparkle from one of my Serena Williams Glam Slam packs, but I finally went with this purple glitter from Kleancolor, with 3 different sizes of glitter in a clear base it's called Starry Purple - this is 2 coats on top of SNI, and most of the time it did look purple but in some lights & especially on camera it came out a bit on the pink side:
 

I've got a basic manicure tutorial that I filmed when I painted my nails with SNI - I'm going to attempt to get it edited tonight, but as often as my reach exceeds my grasp, not sure if that will actually happen LOL.  But it's coming!  I know I forgot a lot when I was recording too, so I'm going to fill in any blanks in the blog post.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

10 comments:

  1. I have swimsuit nailed it and it's gorgeous! Love it! Looks amazing with China Glaze Fairy Dust!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I love swimsuit nailed it, I wasn't going to buy anything from the miss universe but I saw it at giant eagle and it called to me things like that always break my no buy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue is so vibrant!! I love it!


    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome combo! Two of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do u purchase the top coat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your nails. I see you went with the purple glitter instead of the sliver. Great Choice. Do you use any nail growth products? if so, which one's are your favorite?

    Visit me someday! http://mscinnamonkiss.blogspot.com/
    I would Love to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANON - at Sallys

    MSCINNAMONKISS - I do take a biotin supplement, but other than that just cuticle oil =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I have fallin in love with your blog and your videos! I do have one question though, how do the kleancolor polishes work for water marbling? I found a set of 48 on amazon, but I wanted to be sure before I purchased! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRANDY - I've never tried it for marbling - glitters tend to do poorly, and the only others I have are the crackles =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...