Friday, September 9, 2011

NOTD: The Evolution of Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

I have to start out by saying that this color was part of my most recent hauls, & I've purchased enough that it's time for a no-buy =)  I hope to have time to put together a haul post & vid this weekend but we'll see.  They're always too short!
 
When I spotted Revlon Facets of Fuchsia on the shelf at Target, I like stopped in my tracks to grab it.  I don't have the color to compare myself, but it looks like it's a very near dupe for Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance:


You can check out swatches of Bad Romance on these blogs:  All Lacquered Up, Vampy VarnishScrangie, & many other blogs.  And to see a head-to-head comparison of the two check out Candy Coated Tips.
 
Now, over time I've come to really like matte-ifying glitter polishes, so after a couple days I added Matte Magic over top:
 

And after a few days of that, without time to fully change my mani, I decided to gloss it up again with a layer of China Glaze Golden Enchantment, a golden holo top coat that really changed the look of the manicure, it kind of washed out the black base & made the whole nail look more purple in some light:
 

Which version is your favorite?  Revlon seems to do a pretty decent job when they set out to copy a color - sometimes (arguably I'm sure) even better than the original (Perplex anyone?).
 
Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

17 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! How many coats until opaque?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! How awesome is Matte Magic, btw! I just got a bottle a few weeks ago and I love it (super late I know).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks like a dupe of Bad Romance for sure. In my mind it actually looks even better..I haven't seent hat shade out in Canada yet..but I'm hoping I will soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY COW! GE looks absolutely amazing on top!! I would never think to do that color combo but now I need to buy golden enchantment so I can do this look, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this and I LOVE this. Perplex was a bit muted for me but this one is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic in sunlight after you added the China Glaze looks like outer-space to me... you did a galaxy manicure by accident! Love it and your nails look amazing as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's an awesome polish. glitter and purple! =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. This polish is gorgeous, but I'm having such a hard time finding it :(. I may need to take a trip to Target and test my luck...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color is gorgeous! And it was even better after the second nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You did some great things with that Revlon polish! So excited about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It just keeps getting better!! After the matte and then the CG....amazing!! Gorgeous!! I need Golden Enchantment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks awesome with GE over it! I'm hoping my BX will get this but I'm probably out of luck. Or I may find it 3-4 months from now lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! The CG took it to an entirely new level - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BRAINLESS HOUSEWIFE - I used 3 coats =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...