Monday, August 16, 2010

NOTD: PHD Just Tips Challenge (Gold Holo)

(You can view the full Challenge Gallery HERE)

I wish that I'd done my tips in white or black or silver or something as a base, but when I started I was intending to overlap these kind of like fish scales, not have gaps between.  But when I started working with them, I realized they were thicker than they looked, too thick for that idea to work very well.  Blingtastic base is 2 coats of China Glaze Golden Enchantment ... which mad my nail beds appear a little more yellow than gold, but I'll forgive it because it's holo:
 
 
Oh also, I probably should have checked the packaging to see what these little things were actually called, so I could tell you guys, but I didn't so I'll just tell you what they are - little holographic circular stickers that came on a little strip from Michaels.  They're in the scrapbooking section, and there were lots of other cute stickers there that tempted me.
 
On the downside, although these started out smooth for the most part, not sure if it was gradual exposure to water as I washed my hands or what but some started lifting, and I started picking ... by the time I got home, there was only one nail that still had all of its circles.  The ones that didn't peel off however were very stubborn & required a bit of prying with an orange stick in addition to polish remover.
 
I know I keep talking about my hauls & then not posting pics - I just haven't had time.  Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

12 comments:

  1. I love this, it is very blingtastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of your best entries! Fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I really, really love how your nails turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't realize GE was so pretty!!!

    i also like your nails, they look like jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Collette

    mmmmmmm I'm not to sure about this mani ? All the jewels adorning the free edge give the nails such a busy, almost crowded look that confuses and confounds the eye in lieu of dazzling and pleasing the eye. This is just my opinion and mean NO disrespect, derogatory, or mean spirited comments are intended. I guess I'm just conservative when it comes to nail art. An "A" for imagination and completeing your master piece as I'm sure its difficult to place those little stickers on your nails with such a long free edge length.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! this is my first time visiting. just thought id let you know MAC's nail trend 2010 collection launches august 26th! the colors are gorgeous and a must have. limited edition though :[

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVERYONE - Thanks!

    DAVE - I am for sure NOT conservative with my nail art, but I still apprciate a nice, clean mani sometimes. I think this whole last week was no nail art =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...