Sunday, August 15, 2010

NOTD: Orly Royal Navy + Gold Marble Overlay & Tutorial

Orly Royal Navy is just as nice as I expected.  I wore it alone on Thursday.  Weird thing was there was no visible nail line in real life, but it looks like it in several pictures.  Ladies, my camera is lying to you!  LOL, this is a near-flawless polish & color, & you can really see the shimmer in the side shade shot:


And then that night I marbled a gold & clear on top.  The gold I used was China Glaze 5 Golden Rings, and I had to try several clears before I settled on Sally Hansen Invisible.  You wouldn't think they'd be that different, but they're all different consistencies, dry at different speeds, etc.  I was going for a more random pattern than I normally go for, I like the way it turned out:


Here is the tutorial:


The plan at the moment is to lay out all my hauls for pics & get them posted and onto my spreadsheet tomorrow.  Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

15 comments:

  1. I love Royal Navy. My camera also picked up VNL too, but you couldn't see it in real life. Weird.

    The marbling looks beautiful as always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love this idea! :) gorgeous nails! and patterns

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. that is amazing! i LOVE the gold marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally, I'm not a fan of Blue...but this is one of the most stunning Royal Blues I have ever seen. And the marbling is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great marbling as always, I really like the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I follow your blog all the time and I wanted to drop by and say that my mani did the same thing. It looked fine in person then I took the picture and you can totally see the nail line. So it's so the cameras fault. I hope you can drop by my blog and add me to yours. nickysnailsnstuff.blogspot.com
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought to marble with a clear, but that makes sense now that you mentioned it! Thanks for all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ADORE your water marbling!! The combos you choose are so pretty, and I love the new Orly one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Royal Navy. The camera and the VNL reminds me of when a celebrity gets photographed by the paparaszzi and the bright lights suddenly make the person's clothes transparent/see through and you get a shot that shows the person's underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blue! And the gold is very nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love this color. i saw it in the store and nearly drooled, haha. I love the marbling for the second day. very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! New follower here! :) I LOVE all of your tutorials! ^_^

    http://jennifae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you posted this! I love it and tried it and It worked! I tagged you in my blog!! xoxo Camille @ nevernaked.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. EVERYONE - Thank you!

    CAMILLE - Thanks, I'll check it out =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...