Saturday, July 10, 2010

NOTD: PHD Summer Sponging Challenge (Entry 2 - Ocean Waves)

You can check out my first entry for this week's challenge HERE, and PHD's Challenge Gallery HERE.

My second entry puts me in mind of ocean waves, and is also done with all BB Couture colors. When I looked at the collection together, I immediately gravitated towards these colors to work with together.  I started with a base color of Kiwi Margarita.  This is 3 coats, I would have done a 4th if I were wearing it alone:


I sponged to the middle with Blue Bahama, and the tips with Adios Mo Fo (which is one of my favorite names of the collection!).  Stamping is done with Color Club Worth the Risque & Bundle Monster plate bm20:


Again, I like this but there are a few things I might change.  Except with this one I can't quite put my finger on what they are LOL!  Part of it is I think for once I would actually prefer the stamping a little more transparent, so it looks less silver & the background color came through more.  But overall I think this stamp does give the look of ripples I was going for.  I did have to double stamp, I used the full nail design what I think would be considered sideways (since BM images are thinner than Konad & not wide enough for my nail) & 2 was perfect to cover all my nails.

So, that's it for this week - can't wait to see what new challenge Monday brings =)  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

15 comments:

  1. Ooh...I think I like this even better than your previous sponging entry. Very ocean-y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really really pretty! now I need to head to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !!!!!!!!! I love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails look so awesome and pretty. you never fail to amaze me! will you be doing a sponging tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur Nails r so Beautiful..I love the colors and Design u came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job! I absolutely loved the waves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful *I applause*. You made the good choice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. EVERYONE - Thank you all =)

    ADOREPINK - I do have 1 sponging tutorial on my channel, but it is only using 2 colors so I may eventually do another using more different polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can u Please Make New Year Nails Water Marble And Put The Video On YouTube ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...