Saturday, July 3, 2010

NOTD: PHD Book Cover Challenge

So, the PHD's challenge this past week was the Book Cover Challenge.  You can check out the Challenge Gallery HERE.  I actually thought I might have trouble picking a book, but I got my mom started recently on the Kushiel series, and the cover for the first book fit right into my red & blue for the 4th theme that I've been using this week:


I started out with just one coat of Orly Snowcone, then I started sponging it with Sally Hansen Silver Lining.  Silver Lining really didn't change the color much, just added some cool sparkle, and I'm looking forward to trying it like this over more colors, since I know it's pretty sheer all by itself:


Then I did more sponging with Sally Hansen DVD, kind of just around the bottom edge & the tip.  I used Nubar Unfaithful Red to stamp with Konad plate m36:


What do you think?  It's my favorite mani of the week, and I've still got it on.  I'm about to head off & see Eclipse, I might change it when I get back & do one more 4th of July mani.  If you're already celebrating, have fun & keep it safe!  Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

6 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...