Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Mom & Free Stuff

So, I've been such a good influence on my mom lately that the past few weeks she has started painting her nails. I think it's just great & she commented that even my dad noticed & asked if she was going to do it again when she took off the polish. She painted them again, but got a ding in one of her nails & was telling me how much she liked her manicure except for that, so I asked her if she wanted me to cover it up with a Konad flower. I wasn't surprised when she said no at first (she has her own notions of what she's "too old for" sometimes), but I managed to convince her pretty quickly to give it a try - one nail I said, probably no one but you will even know it's there. Well, she was so thrilled with the flower that she decided she wanted her other thumb stamped also.

Rimmel Lycra Wear Posh Trash, Konaded with black special polish & plate m21.

Now, one of the reasons I think my mom is cool is that she remembers what I like & what I'm currently into, and she keeps an eye out for me. I hadn't heard anything about this before she gave me the newspaper clipping & a printout of the website into - apparently there was some kind of class action lawsuit against cosmetic companies & now they're getting ready to give away free beauty products starting January 20th. Full info can be found at http://www.cosmeticssettlement.com/ where there is an explanation of who is eligible (just about any US resident from the vague wording), which retailers will be participating, and what free stuff is being given out. Unfortunately, I don't see any nail polish on the list, but there's a lot of other really nice stuff from good brands. Definitely worth looking at.

I'm tempted to make this post quite a bit longer ... I've got so many ideas of stuff I want to put on here, but I'm trying to pace myself. Posting 5 things in one day & then not having anything to post for a week wouldn't be too cool. But! Upcoming stuff I want to blog on:

My Nubar order - my first Nubar order came & it's so so pretty
My Stash - It's a mess right now, and I'm in the process of organizing it.
Books - my next-favortie simple pleasure
More manis - I now know the power of Seche Vite. I have no excuse for only doing my nails once a week.
Konad - late Christmas present to myself is going to be a Konad haul

I guess that's enough for now lol, although I could definitely keep going. This turned into a little longer than intended post after all. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

5 comments:

  1. Some time ago ,i have used this flower a nail polish very similar to your, the only differents are that i have stamping the flower orizzontaly to similate a the french line!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog...
    this blog is very important for me ... thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Great" it says that is suitable for your blog .. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post... your blog is very beatiful for me ..
    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...