Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chocolate & A Mother's Love

So, this blog is not only about nail polish. There are other simple little pleasures that I like to indulge in. Normally, chocolate does not make the list. I mean, a Hershey bar is not a temptation to me. An individual triple chocolate mouse with Devil's Food cake base now... even I can go for that:

Yum, right? It was delicous.

Another simple little pleasure that I am lucky enough to have is a mother's love. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but let me spell it out: I love my mom. She is the coolest old lady I know. She will be 59 next month, and she watches South Park, she thinks Eminem is "a very creative young man," AND, most relevant at the moment, she caters to my little-bitty nail polish habit. I had a hellish day at work today, but my mood was instantly lifted when I came home to discover these little gifts waiting:

Jean-Michelle (which I had never heard of before today) Cassis on the left & on the right Wet 'n' Wild #409C (what is up with not having names on these by the way? Some have one by the bar code but some just have this dumb number-sticker on the top). The color is pretty accurate on the Cassis, but the 409C is more lavender & has a pink shimmer .

Anyway, that's my recipe for turning a rough day into a pleasant evening. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. Did you make that little treat at the top? Looks very yummy! I had to crack up at your "she's the coolest old lady I know" because I work with a lady that I ALWAYS say that too. I have a cool mom too! I really am enjoying your blog! I really like the extras (ie. non nail related stuff) thrown in too, I think it makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BROOKE - I do love to cook, but I can't claim the credit on this one. I had a doctor's appointment the other day & on the way home I went past this place called Truffles & Tortes. I had a dentist appointment the same day so this was my reward for getting poked & prodded. I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog, and thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG @ that cake. It looks absolutely amazing. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PIXIE - You know they say you eat with your eyes first =) All their stuff was so pretty it was hard to walk out with only this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...