Saturday, September 8, 2012

NOTD: Bumblebee Water Marble + Tutorial

This water marble has, for some reason, become one of my most popular on YouTube.  I swear I can not figure out what will be a breakout hit - some of my  most favorite are only middling performers, others that I didn't think anything special draw in millions of views.  The next-highest vid from Water Marble March (which is the Four Leaf Clover marble, if you're interested) only has a bit over 300k views while this one is at 1.2 million & going strong.  Not that I'm complaining, mind, but my favorite from that month was hands down my my Girl on Fire marble (which is 2 manicures down the road, so you will see it soon!) & it hasn't even hit 200k.  More proof, if any was necessary, that I guess my style does not always line up with everyone else's style =)  & that's perfectly fine LOL.

Anyway - on to the actual manicure.  Base color is China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, marbling done with HGL & China Glaze Liquid Leather:


I know some people find the stripe design just a bit tricky - it's really very similar to chevrons, but very tight & instead of drawing straight across you want to go just a bit backward & this should help to straighten out the lines if that makes sense.

Here's the tutorial:



Still 3 more manicures from Water Marble March ... and then we'll be moving on to Nail Art April, which started with another water marble LOL.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

19 comments:

  1. Hi... I was watching your videos on YouTube and decided to try out the water marble. It turned out like a disaster; and I was wondering if you needed specific types of polish to make it spread correctly. I have my own blog @ arttori.blogspot.com, you can reply there if you please.
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you first started it look like lips with black polish. Lol! Turned out awesome Colette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Colette! I'm definitely going to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your water marbling and this is no exception! This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you add some googly eyes (like with the mummy last year) is can be an awesome Halloween manicure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed watching this tutorial. You make it look very easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! so cool, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was just super gorgeous! You make it look easy, you are so talented! Love watching your nails and tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this marble, and the candy cane one. They look so cool! I'm going to get a red and a deep pink that works togeather and make myself candy striper nails with theese tutarials as help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the striped look! I'm in awe of how you create different shapes with your marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how crisp your lines are. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow thats pretty cool. i totally thought this was sugar spun not marble, idk how u made the lines so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what do u use to make the lines (drawing up the lines)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! They are beautiful! ♥♥ Can you do 1D nails? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...