Monday, December 21, 2009

25 Dozen Cookies Later...

I'm actually not exaggerating here LOL. And that's just the ones I was personally involved with baking, not to mention what the rest of the family made. I counted the sugar cookies yesterday after we frosted ... well, tried to count them, I lost track at 12 dozen. Then there were the 4 dozen PBBs for work, which I already showed you, 8.5 dozen cake balls, and 5 dozen fruity foldovers. I took some pics, so if you're hungry, turn back now & come back in a little bit when I will have nail pics posted & a new tutorial =)

Here are the sugar cookies after frosting ... you can probably tell some of the ones that I did LOL, and they apparently got me in the mood for some marbling on my nails:


My aunt made rosettes - there was another box in addition to this one & she said she'd make more fresh for Christmas Day:


Almond bark with pretzels & peppermint, made by Grandma:


Fruity Pebble/Rice Krispie bars, made by Grandma:


Cranberry walnut bars - also made by Grandma =):


Cake balls =) One of my contributions of course. The green are chocolate cake with mint coating, the red are strawberry/strawberry & my personal favorite combination to date:


Fruity foldovers - kind of a sugar cookie based dough with your choice of preserves inside, this is another of my contributions, and I chose apricot & blackberry gooey deliciousness inside:


Snowballs AKA Russian tea cakes, made by Mom ... I never eat these since they have nuts (I'm allergic):


Cardamom cookies, also by Mom. She had a heck of a time finding cardamom, it was sold out everywhere, and then the sugar sprinkled on top was this super-special kind that was hard to find & as you see not that impressive in the end. To top it all off, the consensus was that these taste pretty much like a snickerdoodle cookie LOL. I think Mom considered these a semi-fail on that account:


Stained-glass cookies, also by Mom. One of her favorites, kind of like fruitcake except it's a cookie ... and another one with tree-nuts:


I don't remember what these were called, but they had oatmeal, corn flakes, peanuts, and peppermint frosting, and this is ANOTHER contribution by Grandma:


So we took all that & made 16 various trays, for family & friends =) Here are a few of them:


Cookie day may be my favorite day of the year, even above & beyond Christmas itself. I literally cannot remember a Christmas without a cookie day, it's always been a tradition =)

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

6 comments:

  1. I love that. So cute..that stuff all looks REALLY yummy I'd love a plate.
    I bet it's fun to do too, I think when I have kids I'll do a cookie day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good, but my personal picks would be a "fruity fold over" (they look so soft and yummy!), and a "snowball"(I love nuts). I know what you mean about allergies Colette, I have over 20 food allergies (luckily, with the sub lingual drops I take, I can eat most of them without symptoms). I doubt I could have any of them, but it's fun to look! Take care. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm. I think I want the cake balls... All of that looks so amazingly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had rosettes in years. My Mom used to make them. My brother loved them and used to eat them as soon as they were done. He ate a whole batch once without my Mom knowing it. She was not amused and had to make more. Everything looks delicious. I love the Snowballs without the nuts. They just melt in your mouth. I'm leaving now to get to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely family tradition you have :)
    My personal favorites are the cake balls (how adorable!) and the fruity foldovers look nice and soft.
    Merry belated Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VARNISH ADDICT - It's super fun, for sure start one when you have kids =)

    MICHELLE - A lot of the time the family will make stuff I can't eat, I just take that as my excuse to bake my personal favorites =)

    BLUEYEZ - They went pretty quick LOL

    LUCY - The rosettes were nostalgic for my mom & a few others as well, this was the first time I'd even had them though.

    CHOCADDICT - Thank you, hope you had a merry Christmas also =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...