Sunday, August 23, 2009

NOTD: Diva Inspired

This NOTD was inspired by Danielle over at The Diva's Polish, who got her inspiration from this youtube tutorial by The Queen Eileen. I decided to go with a little bit of a stronger blue than either of them used, China Glaze Sky High Top from the Custom Kicks collection. Nail art required a liner brush & a dotting tool & I used Misa Dying Love. I am loving this mani:


And actually super-easy to do. I forgot to take some pics of my right hand but it looks just as nice even though I had to do the nail art with my "off" hand. Really, if you have a hand steady enough to do a normal manicure, your hand is steady enough to do simple nail art like this - a couple of really simple moves for an awesome final product.

Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

11 comments:

  1. looks great! i really like the blue you chose :) this nail are is super cute and fun IMO too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this nail art. gorgeous blue and accurate and delicate stripes :-) maybe I'll try it too - even though my nails are much shorter.
    also congrats on all the new hauls :-) can't wait to see some swatches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a really nice job. I love this blue on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this, it is such a pretty blue! Love the design it looks so good on your long nails

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! joli manicure & the name misa dying love-
    ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful manicure, Colette. Seems like just the thing to spice up jeans or a casual outfit. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Colette! Love the shade of polish and your designs. One of these days I'll have enough nail to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KELLIEGONZO - Thank you =)

    INBAL - Give it a try, I think it would look nice on shorter nails too

    DENNY - Thanks =)

    ADOREPINK - Thank you =)

    NESSA - Thanks =)

    MIA - Thank you =)

    JAMIE D - Thank you =)

    LUCY - My nails are just about where I like them, for the first time ever! You'll get there soon too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Collette, I apologise - I can NEVER keep up with my blog comments and I've bitten off way more than I can chew. I love your mani THE BEST. Sky High Top looks fantastic with the black! I am definitely going to do mine again with Sky High. The three dots make it. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. DANIELLE - No apology needed! LOL you can see how far behind I get on my own comments =) Can't wait to see your 2nd version =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...