Friday, December 31, 2010

NOTD: New Year's Firewrok's Inspired + Tutorial

I was going to try & figure out a way to make a fireworks-style water marble, but I didn't have time to play & experiment with polish to see what would work, and so I went at it freehand with a striper brush.  I used Orly Matte Vinyl as my base color, because initially I was going to leave the background matte - but I changed my mind.  For the firework bursts, I used China Glaze QT, OMG, IDK, DV8 & GR8, all from the OMG collection:
 


Here's the tutorial:
 
 
I thought I was going to have a quiet evening at home, but yesterday I got invited to a party!  Still debating if I should change my nails to match my outfit ... I'm a little nervous, I will only know a few people there, but I'm looking forward to it also =)
 
Thanks for reading,
 
~Colette

21 comments:

  1. This is so pretty I love it! Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i like this idea! i could see it also working for a 4th of july look =)

    and you should definitely go to that party! show off your beautiful nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm speechless!

    Have a blast tonight and happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love that design. It really does look like fireworks. Looking forward to when you do a firework-inspired marble tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaa-pow!!! Hope you had a great New Year's Eve and all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous manicure! Love it!
    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous nail polish!!! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty :D might have to try this at some point, really suits new years eve ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea... perfect for NYE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. bonne année 2011 !!! merci de toutes ces merveilles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog and I can't tell you what a delight you are (you, and your articles ^^). Your tutorials are perfect and your manicures are real inspirations... Thank you so very much, and have a very happy new year!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year and I just love those fireworks nails. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing manicure - WOW! I love your blog and your tutorials! I am going back through all your old posts :0) Thank you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This looks amazing! Where do you get that long liner brush from? I live in Norway, so if you know of a website that carries tools like that, I would love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! Where can you buy the tools you use like orange sticks? I live in England and am only 14 so dont want somethin too expensive. I love your nail art! Happy New Year 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...