Saturday, December 18, 2010

NOTD: China Glaze Midnight Kiss + Black Crack Polish

I thought having a gold base for a crack manicure would be nice, so I started out with 2 coats of China Glaze Midnight Kiss:
 
 
Then I topped with the Black Crack Polish ... I like the effect although I still need to work on uniform application to get uniform cracks ... I actually liked how my right hand turned out better, but I realized while editing that apparently I had a spazz moment & didn't take any pics of my right LOL:
 
 
Only downside was the crack polish did not wear that great, and yet was not easy to get off - you can see the tipwear in the sun & shade pics, but I had to use 100% acetone to take it off because regular remover just wasn't cutting it at all.
 
Going off for part 2 of cookie day today =)  I think I'm going to do a cookie-marbling tut, so stay tuned for that!  Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

8 comments:

  1. Love that crackle polish. The combination of the two polishes is gorgeous! More cookies, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crack looks so cool! It's like a snakeskin purse or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I don't think crackle polish is supposed to have a uniform effect. You must be such an perfectionista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is funny...after doing my nails via one of your vids (they came out GREAT btw!) I remembered covergirl did the crackled nail polish when I was in high school. It was cool but of course that was years ago and I'd never seen it again. So thanks for this so now I know I get still get the kelier one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the same crack polish but no matter how hard i tried i could not get it right or even as you did!!! is this one layer and how you make sure it is harmonized??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I find the crack polish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta say, I am not crazy about the crackle look. Just me. I love the CG Midnight Kiss, though. Just my .02
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...