Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NOTD: Sally Hansen Sea And Be Seen w/ OPI Ink Stripes

This was kind of disappointing for me. I was tired, the lines didn't come out very straight or even, and I felt like the inverted triangle made my nails look shorter.  But the idea is worth revisiting, sometime when I've forgotten how much it frustrated me LOL.

I started out with a base of Sally Hansen Sea And Be Seen.  Gorgeous, lovely color but this was I think 3 coats & the only reason I didn't add a 4th was the fact that I knew I'd be doing the stripes on the tip to disguise the VNL.  I would suggest Sephora by OPI Underwater Fantasy as an alternative, because I recall it being more opaque & they're dupes ... you can see how many of Sally's spring colors are $OPI dupes HERE at Steph's Closet, it's kind of ridiculous.

After that dried, I used some blue painter's tape to mark off a triangle, and then a striper brush & OPI Ink to add stripes.  I don't hate this, but I don't love it either.  I think that meh feeling may be why I didn't get more pics ... oh, no wait - it was the rain.  Rained ALL freaking day on Tuesday.  Here are my inside shots:


This mani was inspired by this dress I saw in a magazine:


What do you think of this design?  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. Colette, Don't be so hard on yourself. You always do such beautiful work :) I think your mani is just gorgeous and you mimic the dress very well! I'm going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all ur design and u inspired me.. u did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original this inspiration ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. RMCANDLELIGHT, THRISZHA, SAORI - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...