Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Back! (I think) - An Update (please read)

I make myself laugh, because anytime I see "please read" that contrary part of myself wants to do just the opposite.  But I do have a couple points that are relevant if you've ever left a comment or will ever leave one in the future.
 
I know I've been gone for a while, & I know I don't have to explain myself to anyone, but some of it I felt like needed to be said & I wanted to get off my chest, so I did a vlog & a post to go with it which you can see HERE on my other blog.  If you don't really care, just stay here & keep reading =)
 
In regards to OLD comments - I always read all my comments.  Always.  I love seeing what you guys have to say.  That said, I am a huge FAIL when it comes to answering questions from comments.  When I started my blog, coming up on 3 years ago now, I responded to every comment.  & I couldn't, at that time, foresee a point when that would become more that the 2-3 comments per day or per post.  And when it inevitably did, I fell behind ... got caught up.  Fell behind .... got caught up.  Fell behind ... fell further behind ... fell ridiculously far behind ... to now.
 
I don't think anyone is still waiting for a response on a question they asked 3 months ago ... or longer than that.  Hell, if they were checking the thread, they've stopped checking - if they subscribed they'd probably be shocked to see a response & confused because they'd have forgotten what they asked LOL.  Not to mention the fact that in the intervening time I've answered many of the questions/filled several of the requests, etc.
 
SO - I tried to clean up & respond to about the past month's worth of comments - & direct emails as well.  Anything older than that I'm honestly sorry but it's going to remain unanswered.  I'm admitting I'm past the point of being able to catch up & I need to re-start fresh.  This is something I've been working towards for a couple months, wading through emails, notifications, & cleaning up my inbox from over 10k emails - yes, I'll spell it out, ten thousand emails - to just around 400, which is still a lot but more manageable.  I'm still sorting through those, some of which are reminders I send myself from work.  I'd like to have my inbox say (0) unread emails one day.
 
If you have a question you really need an answer to, post in this thread & I will respond.  Scout's honor =)
 
In regards to NEW comments - to help myself better stay on top of things here going forward, I'm strongly leaning towards installing a 3rd-party comment tool for better threading/easier answering.  I'd particularly love to be able to reply directly from email rather than having to navigate to the post.  So if you have anything to recommend, or anything I should really stay away from, leave a comment.  I don't want to install something & then find out it sucks or that you guys hate it LOL.
 
Well, I think that's mostly it.  I have a backlog of NOTDs to post since from before Halloween, so I'll be posting those in the next few days.  They include one of the new Anise polishes I showed in my last haul, one of the Orly Mineral FX colors, and a sponging on mom's nails that she did herself in 3 shades of blue, not to mention the last Halloween tutorial that made it onto YouTube & never made it onto the blog.  AND my 2-year YouTube-birthday/anniversary is coming up Saturday & I feel like I ought to do something special... but still not sure what LOL.  So we'll see.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

17 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Love your blog! Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Disqus for easier responses. I have it on my blog and I can reply straight from my email! I can also approve/delete comments by simply replying to the email with "delete". There's a lot of other great features too, like the fact that you can make a black list of all words you dont want to be posted on your blog. I could go on and on, pretty much--it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! WB! I'm just one little reader, but I hope you don't choose Intense Debate. I've tried tweaking all my settings but I still cannot get their comment system to load properly on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go for Diqcus too, also because you can enable an option that keeps your comments on Blogger as well, in case you uninstall it at some point. As far as I know, Intense Debate can give problems with that, and I didn't wanna take any risks :)

    Also, good luck with those emails, yikes! Maybe you can use a tool like Formspring instead if people have short questions, that might be easier to keep track of and all answer at once?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm really sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother a couple of months ago and it still hurts. But I have so many nice memories of her that I try and think about those :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I'm so sorry for your loss...
    Hope you're doing better...

    Ms Jelena xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soo sorry for your loss... but glad to have you back . I didnt know how much I depended on your blog.. Your awesome !!! and was truly missed

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back... I had some loss too previous month and I just can't come back bloggin.. I admire your power and I'm sorry for your grandpa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having trouble doing flower nail art so I was hoping you could put a nail tutorial on YouTube for me:)
    I am 9 years old and I read your blog and watch your YouTube all the time and I am getting good at doing my nails from what I learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to have you back Colette! Love the blog and we've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. All I can offer is a hug.

    As for your blog, I am just happy to see a new post whenever you are ready for one. Take care and take a break whenever you need one.

    -finished10dnails

    ReplyDelete
  12. EVERYONE - Thank you =)

    MINTY & BREGJE - Thanks for the recommendation - Discus was already definitely in the running but it makes me feel easier to have positive reviews from people actually using it =)

    I'm not sure about Formspring though - maybe easy but one more site to keep track of LOL!

    ANON - I'll add flowers to my request list =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Colette! I was wondering how come you haven't post any marbling mani recently. Hope to see them soon! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MICHELLE - I haven't been marbling as much, but I do have a new one up on YouTube that I hope to have up on the blog within the next day or 2 =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Colette, Ireally want to try stuff like marbling but don't have many tools needed (e.g. an orange stick). Where in England can you buy things I don't mind if it's online but not too expensive because i'm only 14 therefore I don't have much money! Love your nail artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LAGGI - I don't know what stores you have, but you don't need the exact tools I use - anything with a fine point will work =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...