Saturday, November 19, 2011

Guest NOTD: Rimmel Steel Grey

The name is misleading - this is definitely a taupe.  But I guess "Steel Taupe" wouldn't make much sense LOL.  Here is Mom wearing Rimmel Steel Grey:
 

As a side note - with this manicure mom accidentally put top coat on instead of base coat.  I told her she should take it off but she insisted she wanted to "experiment" by just doing base coat on top of that - well, long story short the next day came with the polish coming off several nails completely - a cleanly popped off nail shaped piece of polish LOL.  I don't know that she'd welcome me sharing this "senior moment" with you all (we'll see soon I guess)  but I think we all have our spacey moments.  So if you're ever having a moment & make this mistake - just start over!

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

9 comments:

  1. aha, I used to put top coat on as a base because I didn't think there was a difference...now I do it properly :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you so much for such a great blog. Where can I find more info on your manicure supplies? I love the brush you use to remove polish, and I wonder what kind of cups you use for water marble. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JVALE19 - most of the notes on supplies & stuff are tagged on the blog under "nail maintenance," the brush I know I've included the details in the information box of my clean up tutorial =) for marbling I just use a 5 oz disposable paper cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some people that use that method so they don't have to remove it. And since they redo their nails every day. I think it's pretty clever :P Altho it would be annoying if it came off before you wanted it to.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colour!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaw....mom gets a pass for that one! That color is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great color on your mom and one of my faves from Rimmel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...