Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter NOTD: Zigzag Funky French w/ Dots

I think this has to be the most adorable mani I've ever done.  And for once, it came out on my nail exactly as I pictured it in my head.  I think I could even rock this with some less-pastel colors & be quite pleased.

I started out alternating nails between China Glaze Light as Air & Something Sweet, both from the Up & Away collection.  Excuse my lack of cleanup in most of these pics LOL:


Then I used pinking shears on some blue painters tape, and did french tips with matching holo colors, using Milani Hi-Res & Digital.  After I took off the tape, I added dots with the creme base color & this is the final super-cute result:


I added a matte topcoat again for the 2nd day.  Although they do have kind of more an eggshell finish with the Matte Magic, I think I really prefer this mani glossy.  You can make your own call:


I had a great Easter & hope you all did as well =)  Thanks for reading.

~Colette

22 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is the cutest easter mani that I've ever seen! I agree it would be equally cute in any color. Glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really inspiring me to get more creative with my manis! Another really cute look, I can see it working at different times of the year as well (also like the use of holo in here!).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the zig zag French. Gonna have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so adorable. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! So pretty and girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats gorgeous! You are sooo creative!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!! With the Matte Magic your nails look like marshmallows!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive indeed. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute easter mani! :) I have both ChG polishes and I love them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! You always come up with such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - that is so subtle and CUTE. my mani was like BAM Easter. yours is like..*whisper* easter LOL I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! it's different and easter-y, but I agree, I think it would translate with other colors well... you should revisit this at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, I'm gonna have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so flippin' cute. Very creative. :D Referenced you in our last post about water marbling. Loved your video tutorials. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This mani is really cool!It's very well done. If I didn't read the specs on this, I would have thought you used a stencil on the tips.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just discovered your blog & its brilliant!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic! I love the colours you chose to use together, and how the glittery tips add some super cuteness...and then dots too! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so creative with your manis and your marbling is stunning! Your nails are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...