Sunday, May 29, 2011

2011 Books: 1-10

So, I realized a week or so ago that I hadn't posted ANY books yet in 2011.  Some of these it's been so long I'll admit I'm a little fuzzy on all of the details LOL, but I do know I enjoyed them all at the time.  So here's some of what I've been reading so far this year:
 
Mob Rules (Luna Books)#1
Cameron Haley
Urban Fantasy/Paranormal
 
I read the prequel short story for this series in the Harvest Moon anthology.  As much as I enjoy reading an established, long-running series, there's also still a thrill in discovering a fun new author.
 
Prince of Ice (Tales of the Demon World, Book 2)#2
Emma Holly
Tales of the Demon World Book 3
Historical Paranormal Romance
 
I was on the edge the whole book waiting for something ... well, horrible to happen & cause all kinds of problems.  I was both a little relieved & a little upset when everything actually went smoothly.
 
Devil at Midnight (Novel of the Upyr)#3
Emma Holly
Fitz Clare Chronicles Book 9
Historical Paranormal Romance
 
This was a good book, filling in some of Durand's history from his human life, and I enjoyed it right up to the end, when (***SPOILER***) Grace looses her memory of the entire thing!
 
Demon's Delight (Berkley Sensation)#4
Anthology
Paranormal Romance
 
This anthology featured stories from MaryJanice Davidson, Catherine Spangler, Emma Holly, & Vickie Taylor.
 
Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter)#5
Nalini Singh
Paranormal Romance
 
Talk about mommy issues - Elena & Raphael both have plenty, although since hers is dead & his still alive, he may actually have the opportunity to work his issues out.
 
Fairyville (Berkley Sensation)#6
Emma Holly
Paranormal Romance
 
Would you be surprised if I told you there were fairies?  No?  LOL, well there are ghosts & many other fey creatures also in this strange little town.
 
Master of Smoke (Mageverse)#7
Angela Knight
Mageverse Book 7
Paranormal Romance
 
Another one with one of the main characters running around with memory loss.  Seems like I've had quite a few of those lately, including some that are not included in this part of the book list.
 
Angel at Dawn (Novel of the Upyr)#8
Emma Holly
Fitz Clare Chronicles Book 10
Paranormal Romance
 
This book picks up almost right where Devil at Midnight left off.
 
Finding the Way and Other Tales of Valdemar#9
Anthology
Fantasy
 
This anthology featured stories from Mercedes Lackey & Larry Dixon, Rosemary Edghill & Denise McCune, Elizabeth A Vaughan, Mickey Sucker Reichert, Elisabeth Waters, Kristen Schwengel, Brenda Cooper, Stephanie Shaver, Kate Paulk, Sarah A Hoyt, Tanya Huff, Fiona Patton, Judith Tarr, Nancy Asire, Michael Z. Williamson, & Gail Sanders.
 
Blood Challenge (The World of the Lupi, Book 7)#10
Eileen Wilks
Paranormal Romance
 
I always wish for just a bit more romance in this series, but the whole storyline is so deep that I forgive the author.  This one ended on a bit of a cliffhanger - not as bad as some that have had me tearing out my hair lately, but bad enough & with an ominous prophecy to go along with it.
 
So, that's what I read through the end of February =)  I'll try to post up some more later - I am approaching 30 overall for the year but it gets harder & harder sometimes to fit in, it's like there's always something I could be doing online & I will feel a tiny bit guilty if I am reading when I know there are things like email I could/should be getting caught up with.  But sometimes I just need to relax.
 
Thanks for reading about what I'm reading ;)
 
~Colette

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kickin' butt on the books, girl! I haven't read nearly as much I usually do the past few months with all the weddings and such going on. There's a lot of books I have on a mental list that I want to get to eventually though.

    Out of curiosity, do you get paperbacks or do you have e-reader? I've found that I read so much more since I got a kindle a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :X This is totally off topic, but did you hear about the free Rimmel nail polish? Rimmels facebook or so is giving away 2 dollar off coupons, and right now at walgreens rimmel polish is 2 for 4 dollars! There is more info on my blog. Hope you read this comment soon! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know keep account of the books I read thanks to you. I've read the Emma Holly series and love it. I want more! I've also started to read more again. I've read more this year than all of last year. There's a few authors here I haven't read. I keep lists of books I want to read. What's insane is that I couldn't even read a book a day and put a dent in my list. If I didn't play games on Facebook or read blogs I might get more read. Not going to happen!

    Lucy
    makeupgirl21@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your introducing me to some awesome books!

    Keep these lists inc! xxx

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...