Monday, April 4, 2011

NOTD: China Glaze Gamer Glam + m65

This was my NOTD on Friday, an awesome mani, & I loved it even though the double-stamping didn't go perfectly.  It's abstract enough that it wasn't glaringly obvious - at least, not to anyone but me LOL.
 
I started with a base of China Glaze Gamer Glam from the Tronica collection, then did stamping with Black special polish & Konad plate m65.  I've always wanted to use this design but couldn't quite figure out where to match it up.  I finally gave it a try doing the second stamp with just part of the design - I put the seam towards my cuticle because I thought it would show less, but I actually think it would have been easier to do it at the tip.  I know I'm being picky but the stamping that turned out best IMO was my right middle finger (shown in the 2nd sunlight pic):
 
 
Here's an example of how I cut the design - I then reversed the design & matched the "cut" end of the 2nd stamp with the part on the first stamp that I cut off, if that makes sense?  I think you can tell what I mean if you compare with how it turned out on the nail:
 
 
And the best part?  My nails looked exactly like my shirt!
 

Thanks for reading =)
 
~Colette

12 comments:

  1. Love the part about the matching shirt, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! I love doing geometric stamping with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!

    Do you have any suggestions on good nail polish from China Glaze to use for stamping with konad? I'm a bit tierd of konad special...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really creative, I love the purple base :)

    rachlovesleopardprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like the design, not my style. It looks too heavy. But I LOVE the color you use! And stamping must be very hard, I can't even imagine how to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this stamp on that polish! Reallyyyy nice!

    xoxo from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wild manicure! You continually amaze me with your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent !! love the skirt and the nail !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this effect! I haven't gotten into stamping but seeing your results here and on other NOTD's makes me want to. You definitely have another fan here. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...