Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NOTD: OPI La Paz-Itively Hot Matte (& w/ Dots & Top Coat)

Started out just wanting something less ... pastel than my Easter mani LOL.  So I picked out one of my recent purchases, OPI La Paz-Itively Hot Matte.  This is 3 coats & honestly I would have gone for 4 if wearing it alone because there was surprisingly a little bit of VNL:
 
 
It was ... not boring, but plain.  So I decided to add a little something.  Sometimes that turns out good - sometimes that turns out bad - and I'm still not sure which this ended up to be LOL.  I did some little dots at an angle in white & then some more in black, then top coat,  but it just didn't end up the way I imagined it.  Even when I took it off, I wasn't sure I actually disliked it ... and I actually got a ton of compliments ... but I did decide it looked a little better from a distance:
 

Thanks for reading =)
 
~Colette

17 comments:

  1. dots always look better from a distance. Plus being the artist you are always most critical of your work!!!! Looks great I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea with the dots at the tip. I'll have to give it a try, although I'm not sure how many dots I'll be able to fit on my shortie nails :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on that manicure! I love the dotted effect! Really pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us Colette! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, what is VNL? I think it is super cute! I always look forward to your posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it :)
    It seems you do a good job no matter what design you do :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute I love it with the shiny top coat too, great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I actually squealed and said "OMG! That's awesome!" drawing weird looks from the mister. lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this shade and especially this matte version. Love the dots. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what did you use to make the dots so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you roooooock like alot and I really want to thank u for all the good Ideas I got from u my nails were boring now there glamrous keeping doing eat u do and do you like using china glaze and o. P. I I just wana noooooo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rocking nails, so gorgeous and amazing color...love it!

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...