Thursday, February 17, 2011

NOTD: Red & Gold Swirl Wate Marble + Tutorial

I meant to post this on Monday.  I've been totally tired & lazy & non-creative all week ... after I took this marble off I have in fact had the same plain silver on my nails for 3 days.  I'm not sick, I'm just ... easily distracted.  I read an entire book on Tuesday LOL, couldn't put it down, Wednesday I just vegetated in front of the TV & somehow still was not in bed early, even though I didn't do a post or redo my nails ...
 
Well.  Anyway ... some nails for all you wonderful patient people =)  This was my Valentine's mani, although it wasn't overly filled with hearts or pink like some of my other manis.  I started off with Milani Good Morning Sunshine as my base color, then marbled with GMS & Revlon Ruby Ribbon - which marbled not too bad for a matte polish:
 
 
Here are my favorite nails - left pinky, right ring, middle & index:
 

And here is the tutorial:
 
 
I'll try to get the silver posted tomorrow - plain but gorgeous =)  Tomorrow evening or maybe on Saturday I will be marbling my mom's nails for her birthday, and I'm considering doing another drag marble for myself, but I'm being reeeaaally indecisive on colors, so I don't know.  We'll see.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I don't think I have the patience or even the skill to try marbling so I always appreciate the people who can. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are the queen of water marbling - the circular swirls on this one are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!
    thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried many times do water marble but i always fail. Don't know what i am doing wrong. Anyway amazing manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from New Zealand.Amazing Nails and great tutorials,I'm so glad I found your inspiring Blog. I shall be watching closely from 'downunder' for more of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! The pinky in your favorite nails is my favorite as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done this on customers and I used oil on the skin and it worked a lot better then the tape.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your marbling and your nails!!!! you are fantastic!!! And your work is amazing!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the combination of red and gold. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A M A Z I N G!I will try this model,I like it and I also like your blog! <3

    Greetings from Romania!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this mani... but I am freaking down because the nail polishes I tried to do water marble do not work... do you know which brands work well for the WM? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...