Friday, February 4, 2011

NOTD: Red & Black Sponged Hearts - National Wear Red Day

Today is National Wear Red Day, part of the Go Red for Women heart disease awareness campaign.  Just as good of an excuse to have red & hearts on my nails as Valentine's Day =)
 
I started out with 2 different base colors on my nails, Orly Liquid Vinyl on 2 nails each hand, and the rest done in Nubar Fire Sparkle.  After the base was dry I applied heart stickers & sponged the opposite color over top, removed the stickers & ended up with:
 

I am about .... mmm 85% happy with this mani LOL.  I wish I'd gotten a little bit of a sharper edge on my hearts, I kind of wish I'd maybe done just one heart each nail, and a few of the nails ended up with a little too much polish, not as spongey of a texture as I originally intended.  These are my favorite nails; ring & thumb from each hand:
 
 
 
And here is the tutorial:
 
 
Are you wearing red today?
 
Today at grandma's we're going to attempt to make homemade pot-stickers ... I'll take pics & post them up later as long as it's not too much of a disaster =)  Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

10 comments:

  1. So cute!!
    I love it!
    Yes I'm wearing red today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable! I'm wearing red too!

    /hugs!

    http://spellbindingnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool design. I did not know (in UK) so not wearing red. But to make up for it will do at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are so cute! i painted my nails red and gold using the water marble technique. i find its easier to use petroleum jelly rather than tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! love the red/black combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ficou muito lindo.
    Amei!!!!!


    bjus.
    http://useihoje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking the whole time, I will attend the Valentine's Day for a pattern. I just let myself be inspired by you ;D you make really nice designs.I always wonder how you come up with such ideas :) really great! Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello how are you? I looked and I loved your post an I'm following you if you can follow ma also be happy ... kisses

    I'm from Brazil thanks

    http://lucinesousa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great valentine manicure without having all the cutesy stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the video. I had no idea how you got the hearts on there! Since I don't do nail art I'm clueless. That's a great idea and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...