Sunday, December 18, 2011

NOTD: Mosaic Snowflales

This is the manicure I did as part of the Let it Snow collaboration on YouTube back on the 5th.  If you'd like to see some of the other amazing entries, check out my Let it Snow Playlist HERE.

I kind of knew everyone would expect a marble from me, so I wanted to do something completely different.  I stumped myself until I decided to play around with some small sequins.  I couldn't remember exactly where I got them but I went back to look & finally figured out I'm pretty sure they're part of the 10 wheel Bundle Monster rhinestones from Amazon.  The black base color is L'Oreal Raven's Strength.  I was really, really happy with this manicure, the sequins give such a different look in different lights:


The only thing I would change, in retrospect, is that I would have put 4 points on my index finger, and I think it would have been a bit more balanced than it was with only 3.  Relatively minor in the grand scheme of things LOL.

Here's the tutorial:



And here are a few shots of my experimenting, trying to figure out what exactly I was going to do with the sequins & if I wanted to include any rhinestones or glitter polish over the black base:


Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

11 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the way this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's sooo pretty!
    I'm not sure if I had the patience to do this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out gorgeous! What a great idea! I may have to try this ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really cool! I don't think I'd have the patience for it... or the will to clean up the mess I made, lol! You're really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really great!!
    I love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Do you think you will be able to save the glitters? Thx for sharing where you got them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. RMCANDLELIGHT - I didn't even try to save the glitters - it might be possible if you were very careful, especially if you use non-acetone remover, but generall too much hassle I think, plus the opalescent finish kind of comes off when you remove them =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope those sequins are from the bundle monster set, I just sent my sister a link to that set about two weeks ago when she was asking me for ideas on what to get me for Christmas, lol. Very cool to see your test sheet to see how you brainstormed different ideas. I can honestly say I think these were the most unique snowflakes I've seen this winter for nail art designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really cool! I've never seen anything like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sequin shapes, i've never seen these before! the light blue/purple colors against the dark base look so nice too! love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...