Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Zoya True & Fleck Effect Haul

I was sooo happy when these arrived on Saturday - the package tracking estimate had been Monday the last I looked so it was kind of a surprise.  I had to play with them of course, and the swatch vid will be coming soon - I actually thought of several more colors I wanted to try as soon as I finished recording, so I will probably do a few more swatches when I get home later & tack them onto the end of the vid.  But for now here's a look at the haul:


As a side note, if you're wondering why this post is so early in the morning - uploading takes freaking forever  & a half now that I'm doing HD.  I have to really plan ... or at least try to plan ... or at minimum roll with the punches LOL. In this case, I started the upload before I went to bed, got the blog post ready, then verified everything was ready to publish & made it live before I head off to work.

Most of the True collection - I wasn't too taken by the 2 neutrals so I skipped them:


Left to right:  Bevin, Skylar, Lotus, Tru.

Fleck Effect "Mylar Glazes" as the website refers to them:


Maisie, Opal, Chloe.

As a side note, I found out the Grapefruit Surprise Sugar Scrub free 7 oz "sample" that I got sells for $18 direct from  Art of Beauty & isn't much cheaper on amazon.  Nicest freebie I've receive lately =)

And my couple of oddballs:



I can't wait to use the rhinestones I show in the vid too, although I don't think they need their own pics - I literally got an idea when I saw them & it wouldn't leave my head so I had to go back & purchase them.

UPDATE:
I had a few people wanting to see the bottles for the acrylic paint:



This is Silver Bling & Gold Glitz.  They had lots more glittery & holographic colors, but I decided I should start slow ... no need to buy one of each yet.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

7 comments:

  1. I'm almost frustrated that Revlon has come out with so many new polishes and colors lately. I want them all but don't want to pay full price. I loooove Revlon. I think I have that same holo acrylic paint. I tried using it once but wasn't successful, I think I'll try again. Thanks for mentioning that and the rhinestones. I looked around for stuff like that at Michael's the other day and it was all so big/chunky. So I'll look again. Great video as usual and Thanks!! PS Love your nails!!
    PSS I just saw a comparison of Belvin to OPIs Mermaid Tears on another blog. They aren't the exact same, but I actually like OPIs better. (FYI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, meant Bevin! K, Bye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divebar is gorgeous...prettier on the nail even than in the bottle. Rainforest looks similar to Glittering Garland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I've been eyeing Dive Bar for a long time and I just saw Rainforest today and was thinking I should have came into the store with money! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait till you use your new Zoya flakies, and holo paints and rinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, love your blog and your presentation in youtube video... esp your water marbling technique, just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After your video I think I'll pass on zoya and try finger paints first. The one colorstay product I got was rainforest, but I can't say how well it wore because I changed it out after 2 days, too many new ones to try : ) I was'nt too impressed with the rest of the colors though in that collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...