Sunday, December 8, 2013

NOTD: Harvest Waterfall + Tutorial

This was my Thanksgiving design for this year - Thanksgiving is always a bit of a challenge for me ... it's not really a holiday that has a wide range of themes LOL, so since I didn't want to do a turkey again I just went with traditional colors.  This look was inspired by a couple of designs by the Nailasaurus: that are on my Pinterest inspiration board HERE and HERE

I started of with a plain black base of OPI Black Onyx, then did the waterfall with 4 OPI Liquid Sand colors: What Wizardry is This?, Jinx, Honey Ryder, and Magazine Cover Mouse:


Here's the tutorial:


While I did like the textural contrast, after a few days I did add topcoat so that the entire mani was glossy:


Have you tried a waterfall manicure?  Which version of this one was your favorite?

Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if the waterfall mani would work with sand, or pixie dust, polishes. Now I know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...