Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
- Review of the Hana ceramic flat iron
- Review & comparison of the Mary Kay Satin Hands Sets
- I'm very behind on my Books List - even when I don't have much free time, I still go through a lot of books just from reading at work
- New NOTD & TOTD this weekend. I really like this mauve but I've got a couple chips already. I don't know if I was a particular klutz or what I did, but it's bugging me. And I'm sick of my toes being so freaking bright; I think I'm going to paint them dark again.
Thanks for reading =)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
The overcast pic is actually one of my favorites. This is just a really cool tone of green when it's not in direct light & the holo gets so muted it's almost invisible.
Enough about my deficiencies ... I don't want you to think I'm fishing for compliments LOL. I did my toes a few days ago & finally got around to taking some pics of the pedi - China Glaze Raspberry Festival from the Summer Days collection:
If the sun comes out anytime soon, I'll get a few more pics, and some of the color changing pair also, but it's looking pretty gloomy the next few days =( Thanks for reading.
Monday, May 25, 2009
& although I hadn't had much luck lately prior to this trip, my Dollar Tree luck is looking up:
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I got this idea from my friend's manicure, she got it done pink french tips with a silver smile line & I had every intention of taking a pic ... but didn't. I wanted to recreate it, and I'm pretty happy with the colors I chose, but I failed in the execution.
I usually use guides when I do french tips, and as long as I am very careful applying them they work pretty good. I guess today I was a little impatient or distracted or something, because I ended up with a mess. And that's where the problem started ... I thought I'd cover up the messy edge with a gold line, since this pink has a lot of gold shimmer. But, putting it under the existing pink tip, I think it ended up too low, it makes my nail beds look stunted. I should have put the gold line on top of the pink instead of under it, or tried to clean up the pink edge & skipped the gold all together, since freehand is not my forte & it came out kind of thick & messy. Either way, I didn't hate it enough to remove it right away, but I think this will probably come off tomorrow.
But, here we go - I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Golden Enchantment for the base, China Glaze Strawberry Fields for the tips, and Sally Hansen Gold Nail Art Pen for the smile line:
Soooo close ... but not quite what I had in mind & so no cigar. Thanks for reading.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
- New NOTD this weekend ... much as I love purple glitter,& even as well as it's worn, it's been a freaking WEEK since I've had time to do my nails.
- New TOTD this weekend ... still trying to take better care of the feet. I found a moisturizer I really liked & then of course could not find it again, so I've got to find something new again.
- Hauls! Sally's, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, & maybe another Big Lots & Dollar Tree by the time I post up LOL.
- Shoes! I bought the cutest shoes today. I've been trying to curb my shoe shopping because they take up a lot more room than polish, but I just couldn't pass these up & so why not share?
So, please bear with me while I get caught up on comments, posting, and other blogs! Thanks for reading =)